They Caught a mouse and...

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Their still in the kitchen playing with it!! My husband usually deals with it at this point. He is at work and I don't want the mouse to get away die somewhere in my house so I am really trying to ignore them. This has been going on for 30 mins... I feel awful for the little mouse. There are 3 cats surrounding this little guy. My little abyssinians have turned into quite the mousers!

They let it get away.. Now there are 5 cats surrounding my stove....

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aristotle says kill it and let it dessicate under the fridge. It extends the play value.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

Aristotle says kill it and let it dessicate under the fridge. It extends the play value.
Or better yet, tuck it under dad's pillow or in mom's briefcase.

True stories: Mine tucked a dead mouse under DH's pillow one summer afternoon. The smell woke him up at 3AM. The look on DH's face when he realized it was there was a pure Kodak moment.

A found a dead mouse under the flap of my briefcase one morning. Good thing I noticed it before I shut the latches or I would have opened it at work and it would have fallen out on my desk.

My suggestion to you: keep a very close eye on the mouse.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whew they got it! It was a very hard afternoon because I am such a softy. I feel sorry for the mouse and I have to remember that my cats are trying to contribute to the household by keeping the mice out. This was a tiny mouse so there is more! They have caught 4 this year in the house so far. It must be a bad year for mice. This is the most we have had since moving here.