Good news at the shelter

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The great news is that our new shelter is under construction. Our old building is way over-crowded. There is a big kitty play room, for one thing. Right now we just use the restroom. The bad news is that the new building has a big freezer, just like the old one, for animals that are put to sleep.

I stopped by yesterday, and the director came out to give me some other good news: Jackie got adopted. This is a dilute tortie who came in with another large cat and her own litter of kittens. The other cat and the kittens all got adopted, but Jackie just didn't show well in a cage. She was afraid of the lobby, for some reason. So, after being neutered, the director had the staff put jackie in the back room, where our two resident fat cats live. Jackie got along great with them, and if anyone came in the room, she'd talk to them and love on them...but you couldn't drag her into the lobby without a fight. She had the softest fur, and funny crossed yellow eyes. She was getting better; whenever she heard my voice, she would come out to the entryway of the lobby to be picked up and loved on.

I'll miss her, but missing a cat that got adopted is a good feeling, too.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

The bad news is that the new building has a big freezer, just like the old one, for animals that are put to sleep.
Wonderful news yes, I can understand.

But I dont understand the quoted. What is bad with it?
Do you say your shelter use that freezer as a killing device???