One of the worst days ever!

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Going to try to make a long story short......
So I have been trying to transfer my drivers license from Jersey to NY for a year now. I lost all my papers, all my proof of existence in a move. SO I had to get my birth certificate to get my pass port renewed, then I needed both of those to get my social security card. Needed all 3 of those to transfer address to NY for drivers license. Six days after my license expired over 1 year, my SS arrived. I then find out that in NY you have to start from scratch to get your license if over 1 year expired....................ALL OVER! You have to apply for a permit, take a 5 hour course that you ofcourse have to pay for, a written and driving test! Can you believe that!
So I find this out 5 days before Eric leaves for Kansas (who I share a car with), he normally drives me to work.
The NYDMV rep suggested renewing the Jersey license for now. So I reluctantly altered an old bank statement so I had proof of address, came out perfect.....Eric and I drive out to Jersey and right outside the Holland Tunnel, we get into are car accident! Eric's fault, no one was hurt, but the car is......Wait 40 minutes for a police officer to come, another hour to fill out the report, we couldn't have hit nicer guys
they were very cool about the situation. SO then we had 40 minutes to get to DMV before they close, make it within 15........Run in, fill out the forms, all points of ID pass, in the picture bouth and she is typing in my information on the computer, "your license has been suspended"........ No idea why, no reason to be....They cant tell me anything, have to wait till the morning to call Trenton DMV..........
MY DAY SUCKED!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
wow, that is a rotten day!! Ohio's DMV is just as much a hassle
Time for some hot cocoa!

vampcow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
ick the DMV sucks...esp. in NY I totally sympathize with you.

I HATE driving in Manhattan everyime I try I always almost get hit by a bus...plus there is only ONE place I can get to on my own driving yet I go to Manhattan often (I take the train or make my fiance drive!)

If it makes you feel any better I had a terrible day as well.

My winter concert is this week and yesterday I found out that someone knocked over and severely damaged one of my cellos. SO I ran around the county today trying to find a new cello but all the places were out of them.

SO I went to my normal (and the last music store I tried) store to pick up some music for my flute student this afternoon and told them my situation and the salesguy said they had ONE cello that wasn't rented and I could rent it for teh 2 days I need it. I was pysched because it is REALLY hard getting music teachers to share instruments (everyone gets so protective esp. the school districts)

ANyway he went into the back to get the case and I HEARD SCREAMING the ENTIRE sales staff got into a SCREAMING FIGHT over me taking the cello for 2 days 2 DAYS!! anyway it made me feel terrible but I did end up renting the cello for $10 with the promise to return it at the end of teh week.

I know not as bad as your day but I have NEVER had EVERY EMPLOYEE at a music store SCREAMING at each other just because i asked for an instrument..... hmm makes me wonder if I should PURCHASE extra instruments from them...(you see in our school the students provide their own instruments so one of my cellists instrument got severely damaged by one of his classmates. and the parents contacted me this morning for help)

Ick and this is in addition to the awful day I had yesterday when I got some bad news...

Lets HEAR IT TO HAVING A BAD WEEK!!
But I hope tomorrow is better for you!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Actually a bad couple weeks for me, but today was the topper! I have been trying to get my license for 7 months now, and to come so close, so close, so many times! And the car is definitely screwed up, the more we drove after the accident, the worse the steering felt. I also work somewhere that is very difficult to take public transportation. I'm really stressing and depressed.......
I'm sorry for your bad day as well, but it is good you were able to rent the cello in the long run. I will admit the accident could have been worse, as well as the people we hit, but it definitely couldn't have happened at a worse time....

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh man! your day DID suck! I am sorry - hope you are home... Do something fun or tasty now - eat ice cream, or something - you deserve it!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by carolinalima

Oh man! your day DID suck! I am sorry - hope you are home... Do something fun or tasty now - eat ice cream, or something - you deserve it!!!!
Yeah, I'm still on the edge, any little upset and I will break down.......
But I did hang my wreath on the door, that made me feel a little better.

vampcow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cheylink

Yeah, I'm still on the edge, any little upset and I will break down.......
But I did hang my wreath on the door, that made me feel a little better.
feel better!

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cheylink

Going to try to make a long story short......
So I have been trying to transfer my drivers license from Jersey to NY for a year now. I lost all my papers, all my proof of existence in a move. SO I had to get my birth certificate to get my pass port renewed, then I needed both of those to get my social security card. Needed all 3 of those to transfer address to NY for drivers license. Six days after my license expired over 1 year, my SS arrived. I then find out that in NY you have to start from scratch to get your license if over 1 year expired....................ALL OVER! You have to apply for a permit, take a 5 hour course that you ofcourse have to pay for, a written and driving test! Can you believe that!
So I find this out 5 days before Eric leaves for Kansas (who I share a car with), he normally drives me to work.
The NYDMV rep suggested renewing the Jersey license for now. So I reluctantly altered an old bank statement so I had proof of address, came out perfect.....Eric and I drive out to Jersey and right outside the Holland Tunnel, we get into are car accident! Eric's fault, no one was hurt, but the car is......Wait 40 minutes for a police officer to come, another hour to fill out the report, we couldn't have hit nicer guys
they were very cool about the situation. SO then we had 40 minutes to get to DMV before they close, make it within 15........Run in, fill out the forms, all points of ID pass, in the picture bouth and she is typing in my information on the computer, "your license has been suspended"........ No idea why, no reason to be....They cant tell me anything, have to wait till the morning to call Trenton DMV..........
MY DAY SUCKED!
It could be worse. You could live in CA and be subject to the dictatorship known as the CA DMV. The NY DMV was by far easier.

Do you know that our daughter did not have to parallel park in order to get her license here in CA? I had to parallel park behind a car that was backwards parked during my exam.