Help!

onikuma

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a 10 week old kitten and I accidentally stepped on her head yesterday. I didn't do a complete step, but I can't tell if I really hurt her or if she's fine.

What happened was I was going down the stairs and she likes to chase feet and hands. I was on the last step and she was right under my right foot when the heel was going down. As I was about half way down with my heel give or take a little bit when I heard her scream. I shot up and she tried to run away. I caught her and held her letting her know everything was alright. She just curled up on me clawing me tight. After about 20 minutes of holding her I put her on my pillows for my bed and she started to doze off. Later that night she didn't do much, but she wasn't acting very strange. I think she was more traumatized than anything, but being a worrier, I can't help but think that I might of cracked her skull or something and she might have long term problems or even death.

Going along with the anatomy of a skull usually the jaw will break before the skull when a vertical crushing happens. I woke up this morning and she seemed much better than yesterday. Acting her spunky self and being very timid of everything, but she was always like that. Like I said I'm worried I might of done something to her. I don't have the money to take her to the vet to actually get a x-ray even though I really want to just to be sure. When I get the cat from the shelter I got a free full physical, but I haven't found out if they can do a x-ray and if it will be a part of the "coupon".

If anyone has any experience for this type of accident or any suggestions that would be very appreciated.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

onikuma

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I did that and she didn't act any differently like she didn't get angry or meow when her head we being felt. I'm pretty sure she's fine, I'm most likely going to use the coupon and take her in.

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Onikuma

I did that and she didn't act any differently like she didn't get angry or meow when her head we being felt. I'm pretty sure she's fine, I'm most likely going to use the coupon and take her in.
I think that's a good idea. Prayers for your little kitty.

kady05

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Onikuma

That's what I would do.
And, I'm not trying to be mean here, but everytime I read posts like this that say 'I don't have the money to...' I always wonder, why do you have a pet if you can't afford to care for it? What would happen if there was a real emergency? Or what if something did happen to her skull/jaw, would you have the funds to provide vet care? Is the coupon you have just a one time free visit? What will you do for the next 10+ years for vet care once the coupon is used?

I'm just one of those people that believes you shouldn't own pets if you don't have the money to provide for ALL of them in case of emergencies. Sorry if it comes off mean, or rude, but it's just something I feel strongly about.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

onikuma

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I understand, but that's why the vets or emergency places do payment plans. Also don't forget that just because I said I didn't have money, doesn't mean I don't have the money now. I just didn't have it at the time.

Anyways the kitten is doing fine and being a lunatic(as usual).

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm glad to hear your kitty is doing well. They sure do know how to trip us up. Bijou and Mika often lay across the stairs to the basement and when I do laundry I have to always remember to keep an eye out for them or all of us would be in a heap at the bottom of the stairs with a basket of dirty laundry on top of us.