I think Billy's in love!

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My little Billy's all grown up and has himself a girlfriend!

Meet the pretty little kitty that's been coming to my backdoor occasionally for a few months now. I'm pretty sure she's a stray - there's a few of them around the neighborhood that I've seen.

Billy sits and waits by the window for her to come by. They trill and meow at each other, and rub on the window. She kneads at the screen door.
And she has the cutest, tiny little meow.

A little movie of the two of them - its not the best quality, but you can see her and Billy flirting at least. That's Chay's tail that occasionally gets in the way - he's interested, but sometimes hisses at her. But Billy is just crazy about her!

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y242/Sandtigress/?action=view&current=PC140601.flv

I've been leaving food out for her, and might pick up a blanket and some sort of enclosed shelter today since its getting cold. Might just find a cheap carrier at the pet store and put some kind of waterproof covering over the top of it.

She's still a little people-shy, but if I can convince her to trust me, I may have a third cat! She's just the cutest little thing, and I already know Billy just adores her!

We're naming her Calamity Jane or Cally, to go with Billy the Kit, for the moment.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, that movie was the cuttest thing ever... It felt like those romantic impossible movie-like love story.... Ohhhh if he only took her into his (huge) arms....

She is adorable - I hope she can become yours...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys, I think she's precious.
I opened the glass door a bit last night while she was eating, and the boys just sat there and watched her.
If I had been her, I would have been majorly creeped out, but she didn't seem to mind!

Still at work, but I might stop by Wal-mart tonight and pick up something for her to sleep in, if she wants. I don't know where she goes in the day time, but we're getting sleet and icy rain tonight, so I'd like for her to have a warm place to go if she needs one.

kittymonsters

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was wondering if you opened the door and put the boys in a cage if she would come in to see them.

It looks like she has a TNR notch out of her ear, so my bet would be she is going to be a bit trap shy. She may be used to be fed though by whoever did the TNR. Do you know of any colony caretakers around you?

She sure is a cuties and the boys seem to have taking a liking to her. Lucky girl.

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If she is a stray, perhaps you may want to make sure she doesn't have any diseases/fleas and the like before letting your boys actually meet her nose to nose. She is very pretty though, and its sooo sweet that Billy's so enamoured with her

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Both boys seem to like her! That is soooo cute! You don't think she's in heat, do you? Your guys are fixed? all that arching, rubbing and kneading on her part....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittymonsters

I was wondering if you opened the door and put the boys in a cage if she would come in to see them.

It looks like she has a TNR notch out of her ear, so my bet would be she is going to be a bit trap shy. She may be used to be fed though by whoever did the TNR. Do you know of any colony caretakers around you?

She sure is a cuties and the boys seem to have taking a liking to her. Lucky girl.
I wondered if that was a TNR notch in her ear - the ferals I know around campus have the tip of their ear cut off instead, so I wasn't sure. I don't know of any colony caretakers, though that doesn't mean that there isn't one around here. I've seen at least four ferals in the area - looks like two pairs of siblings based on their similarity to each other.

Originally Posted by BabyWukong

If she is a stray, perhaps you may want to make sure she doesn't have any diseases/fleas and the like before letting your boys actually meet her nose to nose. She is very pretty though, and its sooo sweet that Billy's so enamoured with her
Oh, if I take her in, she will definitely have a vet visit before she gets to meet the boys face to face.

Originally Posted by AddieBee

Both boys seem to like her! That is soooo cute! You don't think she's in heat, do you? Your guys are fixed? all that arching, rubbing and kneading on her part....
She could be, I don't know. The boys are fixed though, so its not a problem on my end at least.
She isn't really calling though - I think she just might be a very sweet cat. Like another poster said, it looks like she might have a TNR notch in her ear, which means the likelihood of her being in heat isn't that high.

Does anyone else think she looks like kittylover4ever's Petals? She reminds me of her alot!

Oh, and I just put out $25 to buy her a carrier and a blanket since the temperature's dropping. I'm becoming more and more a crazy cat lady every day!

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmm... I'm no expert, but it didn't look like a TNR notch to me... wrong spot on the ear and too big. Looks more like healed damage. Either way, bless you for looking out for her!

psjauntie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh that video is too cute. I think you need to get used to the idea that you have a new cat!! They are totally enamored!!!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That is sooo sweet! My boys would both pitch a hissy fit if another cat came round! Your two boys are obviously sweethearts.
Poor girl, she just wants to come in out of the cold and snuggle up with those gorgeous fluffikins of your, and who would blame her?
She does look like Petals too!