Sitting on Shoulders

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat sits/walks around on people's shoulders all the time.
How about yours?

clpeters23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cococat

My cat sits/walks around on people's shoulders all the time.
How about yours?
Moose, my orange tabby, will either launch himself at my head or jump up from the floor to my head and then sit on my shoulders. He will purr and bury his nose in my hair. He would stay there all day, but he starts digging his nails in my head, and then I dump him off. He will also do this to total strangers!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Yep. It was cute when Jamie weighed 1 or 2 kg., but now that he weighs about 6 kg., it's hard on my back!

siameseluver

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Badger likes to drape himself like a boa around my neck while I'm in the kitchen cleaning up. He just lays his little head on my shoulder and watches.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by siameseluver

Badger likes to drape himself like a boa around my neck while I'm in the kitchen cleaning up. He just lays his little head on my shoulder and watches.
How precious

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maia will run up to me meowing and stand up on her hind legs because she wants a kitty hug! She loves to sit over one shoulder, petting her, while walking around! She will get very upset if I don't respond to her when she wants this as well..........

lovemykitty3

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Toby has never done that. He's probably too big and hates to sit still very long. He's too busy watching birds and leaves out the window or running around the house like he's completely insane

skimble

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My Frodo has done this from his kitten days. He hops on my shoulders and watches me clean the litter boxes. He will drape himself around my neck and stay while I work.

Funny, he will stay on my shoulders and pur. Never will he sit in my lap.

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a shoulder rider! He sits on my husbands shoulders while he cooks. You can hear my husband asking his advice on recipes like the little mouse in Ratatoiui(sp)! Frankie also wants to jump on everybodies shoulders who come in the house. He doesn't understand that some people just don't appreciate that

klaidman

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have one shoulder and one cat seat. Always a cat on my right shoulder. It was cute when Snow was a kitten but now she is just so dang heavy.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yeah... lots of rescue kitties liked the shoulder thang! There is a thread about one of the kittens who liked playing with us as he did with his sibs... climbing on us and trying to pin us and bite our necks and ears... and rake our hair with his claws!
He got a good home!

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My kitty LOVES to do this. I'll be holding him against my belly and he will crawl up over my shoulder onto my upper back.... It's quite funny, except when I have back skin exposed :eek:

cocoa cream

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Molly likes to sit on my shoulders when I'm at the computer sometimes, and she likes to be up there when I'm in kitchen, too, but she is getting too heavy for that to be enjoyable for me!

zane's pal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
PurrPuss, Zane's predicessor, did this. I taught him when he was a kitten, and mother never liked it because when he'd launch off her shoulder he'd dig his back claws in.

My former neighbor had a Himalyan who used to drape herself over his neck like a shawl. He'd also put her on his head with her hind paws on each side of his neck, her front paws dangling on each side of his face, and her tail down is back.

From the rear it was, "Davy, Davy Crockett, King of the Wild Fronteeeeeer!"

cats4sky

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
ive had 1 cat who did that, he was all black and he would jump and climb up me and my roommates backs and sit on our shoulders....that was the 1st time i ever seen that

COCOCAT- I love your sig, sooooo true!!!

jalindal

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Skimble

My Frodo has done this from his kitten days. He hops on my shoulders and watches me clean the litter boxes. He will drape himself around my neck and stay while I work.

Funny, he will stay on my shoulders and pur. Never will he sit in my lap.
Mackerel is exactly the same! She only does it to me, as well. She wont even let anyone else have a cuddle... not really.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jalindal

She only does it to me, as well. She wont even let anyone else have a cuddle... not really.
My cat will even do this at the vet's. She does this to anyone willing to let her have a chance and even those who aren't willing
Quite the opposite of your Mackerel

althekitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My little Al does it too! We can be walking around the house and then suddenly Al launches himself onto our shoulders and lays there snuggled round our necks! It is so cute. He also seems to be fascinated by our 'view' of the world from so high. I walk him around the house when he is on my shoulders and he is so interested in everything. Adorable

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bella is a shoulder surfer...especially with DH (higher perch)...she will meow and when you pick her up she scurrys up the front of you and on to your shoulder.

It's fine except when she starts to fall off and digs in