Littermaid Self Cleaning Litter Box??

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
i have 4. the next time one breaks [they do eventually break, btw] i plan on trying either the TidyCats Breeze or the Litter-Robot. but that's probably at least a year away, if not longer.

howtoholdacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've had 3. They sort-of work. It depends on your cat. If your cat covers their litter well then they seem to work fine. If not, the little rake often gets stuck. When that happens it runs back and forth and is supposed to stop after 5 tries. Once they get old they just keep trying over and over and over... I'd put it away from your bedroom because it will wake you up at night. To save money on the receptacles, I used to just line mine with a grocery sack so it dumped the litter right into the bag. Then just toss the bag and put a new one in its place. I've asked for another auto-box for Christmas and after hours of research settled on the Litter Robot.

miss purrypot

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Jennifer's comments were right-on. My box frequently jammed after one of my girls used it--she was rather "casual" (better than lazy or neglectful!) about her covering habits. Her timid sister was initially frightened of the box but quickly learned to use it. We eventually got rid of the box--it just didn't work for us and our cats--and went back to using a Booda Dome and recycled paper litter. With dilligent scooping, it works for our family. However, my aunt just LOVES her LitterMaid and has four in her home. I think you just have to figure out what works for your own family.

Good luck--I hope kitty (kitties) love/s the new box!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Miss Purrypot

However, my aunt just LOVES her LitterMaid and has four in her home.
the part i like best is coming home from work or a trip & not smelling cat box...