There's a new way to spell cold today ......

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's W-I-S-C-O-N-S-I-N!!!! My car said it was 3 degrees this morning. That is without the windchilld. With the wind chill it's somewhere between -15 & -20. That means I've got 2 pairs of pant & 2 long sleeve shirts on today. When I walked out side I had my jacket, a hat, gloves & scarf on with my hood up! It's only mid december & these are tempuratures usually reserved for late January early February. BRRRRRRR!!!!!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I mentioned it in passing, but did you know we are well on our way to having a record cold winter this year? October, I believe, was well below average.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That does not suprise me at all. This month we have had a lot of weeks of snow, then freezeing cold for 2-3 days, then snow, then cold. This past weekend was such a nice break from this cold, but it sure didn't last long.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ewa

I hate the cold!!! It really makes every little thing you want to do so much more difficult!!
Yes it does! Especially when it is this cold. It's hard to even leave the house. I was happy that my internship supervisor called & canceled my appointment this morning. I'm all warm & toasty with my heater going in my cubicle & the last thing I wanted to do was go out into the cold.

rone

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rang_27

With the wind chill it's somewhere between -15 & -20. That means I've got 2 pairs of pant & 2 long sleeve shirts on today. When I walked out side I had my jacket, a hat, gloves & scarf on with my hood up!
I need to toughen up
. It's not as cold today in the chi-town- 9 with windchill -13 but I've got my long john top & bottom underneath, plus hat, gloves & scarf. A short 10 minute to walk from the train & I can't feel my cheeks.

rahma

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I used to look forward to these days as a kid - we had one or 2 days every year where school was closed for a "cold day" in Central Wisconsin. Alas, now I have to get out of bed and drag myself to work at 7 am on the bus.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think it's spelled C-O-L-O-R-A-D-O! New record low at the airport last night of -18* F. This morning when we left for work it was -8*, and the brake lines had frozen.
Tomorrow it's supposed to be a heat wave at 26*.
I think we're supposed to get above freezing one day this week.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We got you beat in Minnesota - our wind chills were -30 to -40 in some parts. It was -6 this morning with -20's wind chill. We have a nice sheet of ice on our driveway and most of the town's roads.

I'm home from work - didn't want to be sitting in the ditch trying to get to work (2 hr drive under normal conditions).

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

We got you beat in Minnesota - our wind chills were -30 to -40 in some parts. It was -6 this morning with -20's wind chill. We have a nice sheet of ice on our driveway and most of the town's roads.

I'm home from work - didn't want to be sitting in the ditch trying to get to work (2 hr drive under normal conditions).
I was very supprised this morning that we did not have ice everywhere. Considering it was 40 and raining yesterday. The temp dropped super fast last night so I expected ice, but it wasn't that bad.

I never used to be afraid of the cold. It never used to bother me, but suddenly in the last couple of years it's making me nuts!

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was very supprised this morning that we did not have ice everywhere. Considering it was 40 and raining yesterday. The temp dropped super fast last night so I expected ice, but it wasn't that bad
Sounds like western Illinois, to me. Our high yesterday was 61 and raining. The high temp today is supposed to hit 19; that's a big drop. The streets are a little slick, but we got about an inch of snow on top of the ice that's acting as a buffer zone on the sidewalks.

Geez, I used to love winter when I was a kid. I can handle the cold ok, I mean you just put on more (and more) clothing. It's the ice and snow that I dread.

februa

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My vote for the spelling is E-D-M-O-N-T-O-N....

Yesterday was -35C without windchill (which is -31F). It got up to a balmy high of -28, but the wind put it at -40 which is that magic temp where C and F are the same....
Today it will reach a high of -22 (-8 F ), with windchill of -35 (back to the -31F)

Blarg! It makes my EYES hurt when I am outside, so I am inside!! The highest temp we are supposed to reach in the next 7 days is -18C...gonna be a cold Christmas!

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rang_27

It's W-I-S-C-O-N-S-I-N!!!! My car said it was 3 degrees this morning. That is without the windchilld. With the wind chill it's somewhere between -15 & -20. That means I've got 2 pairs of pant & 2 long sleeve shirts on today. When I walked out side I had my jacket, a hat, gloves & scarf on with my hood up! It's only mid december & these are tempuratures usually reserved for late January early February. BRRRRRRR!!!!!
I remember having to wear all that stuff! YUCK!!
I don't miss it at all!

The thing that used to really irritate me was having to put all that stuff on, and then when you went into a store to shop, having to take most of it off b/c you'd get too hot. Then you'd have to put it all back on again when you went back outside!

When you got in your car, did it feel as if you were sitting on a frozen rock? Were you able to roll your car windows down - or were they froze shut?

I keep hoping that those horrid Wisconsin winters will convince my son to move to Texas!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

I was going to say, I know its darn cold here in Minnesota
Its got my vote!

catcrazyperson

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm going to Wisconsin at the end of this month!
Nice to know what I have waiting for me...

I just went outside with wet hair...I was only out there for about three seconds but strands of hair literally froze into ice strands!!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
now, i know this doesn't REALLY compare - but the highest it got down here today was 28〬F - currently, it's 22〬F
quite chilly for this far south!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittKatt

When you got in your car, did it feel as if you were sitting on a frozen rock?
Hey - that's what butt warmers (heated seats) are for! I remember the first car that I had with them. It was heaven in the winter!

Originally Posted by laureen227

now, i know this doesn't REALLY compare - but the highest it got down here today was 28〬F - currently, it's 22〬F
quite chilly for this far south!
Having lived in Houston for a while, I know that my blood turned to cherry koolaid after a few years. Yes, your blood thins and you can't handle cold like folks that live up north and are adapted better to the cold. When I moved further north to Kansas City, my blood had to thicken again. So 22 to you is like 0 to us.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have butt warmers in my car, but boy do I wish I did. This morning it's a little warmer, the temp is still only about 2-3 F, but the windchill isn't nearly as bad. It is supposed to warm up today to like 16-22, but then we are going to get 3-5 inches of snow. I have to say that until this year I have never wanted to move somewhere it was warm, but for some reason the cold & snow are killing me this year.