Guess the breed

telynn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The family of my son's girlfriend found a stray a few weeks ago. After many attempts to find his home they discovered that the owers had moved and they have been unable to locate them. The flyers up have not been answered. So my son and his girlfriend have decided that they wanted him. Since they are both still in college we agreed to keep him until they have a place of their own.

Here are some pics. He is really sweet.

What breeds do you think he is? (of course he is a mutt)

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Collie/Siberian Husky mix? Weird though, cos both are larger breeds but he looks small.. Guess I'm wrong then

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

telynn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Size wise we keep thinking part Sheltie. He is very light and small boned.

And he is a luvbug! He will throw himself on your lap and roll right on over for a tummy rub.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I still think he may be all German Spitz.
They come in three sizes and many colors Grossespitz (standard), Mittelspitz (small/medium), and Kleinspitz (small/dwarf).

faith's_mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I kind of doubt on the 'pure' spitz, but certainly he could be part; He's not nearly typey enough to be a purebred, even if he were a poorly bred one. They are also not 'that' common here in the states. From a dog breed\\german spitz site: "The German Spitz breed is quite a rarity, and it has not maintained their original popularity, even in Germany. "

I would be more inclined to think he is a mixture of Eski, Border Collie, and Sheltie...

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by faith's_mom

I kind of doubt on the 'pure' spitz, but certainly he could be part; He's not nearly typey enough to be a purebred, even if he were a poorly bred one. They are also not 'that' common here in the states. From a dog breed\\german spitz site: "The German Spitz breed is quite a rarity, and it has not maintained their original popularity, even in Germany. "

I would be more inclined to think he is a mixture of Eski, Border Collie, and Sheltie...
he likely is a spitz just not one you think of/// Pomeranian is a Spitz...skipperkee is another spitz

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

telynn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think you all are right, defiently part spitz of some kind. His fur though isn't the real fluffy stuff, like on the pics of spitz's I have seen. Like on a chow, right? His is more thin, shaggy and long.

wishiwas

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Reminds me a little of a Keeshond mix we've had come in at the groomer.. whatever the case, adorable!

faith's_mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

he likely is a spitz just not one you think of/// Pomeranian is a Spitz...skipperkee is another spitz
However, that person was saying a specific one...I know he's spitzish in type...

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by faith's_mom

However, that person was saying a specific one...I know he's spitzish in type...
I live in a weird area.... I know of three German spitz breeders in a 25 mile radius so here it is not a rare breed at all ...