some people have incredible nerve

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I posted a tv I have for sale on the military base yard sale site. It is a 19 inch Sylvania with a built in vcr, a little dated, but has a great picture. This woman has inundated me with emails, asking for all these features, then wants me to take half of the 40 bucks I was asking for it. "It is for my son's room, things are tight, he needs it, can I bring it on to the base and let her see it." Give me a bleeping break! Things are tight all over! He does not NEED it, she wants to be able to send her kid to his room and not be bothered with it. I hate it when people try to pull the kid card with me. I am not responsible for their kid's well being, fulfilling any of their needs or wants, or listening to you thinking you are special just because you can breed. Cats do it 5 or 6 at the time.
Don't get me wrong, I have all the respect in the world for good parents, but good parents don't use their kids to get what they want, IMHO.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by krazy kat2

I posted a tv I have for sale on the military base yard sale site. It is a 19 inch Sylvania with a built in vcr, a little dated, but has a great picture. This woman has inundated me with emails, asking for all these features, then wants me to take half of the 40 bucks I was asking for it. "It is for my son's room, things are tight, he needs it, can I bring it on to the base and let her see it." Give me a bleeping break! Things are tight all over! He does not NEED it, she wants to be able to send her kid to his room and not be bothered with it. I hate it when people try to pull the kid card with me. I am not responsible for their kid's well being, fulfilling any of their needs or wants, or listening to you thinking you are special just because you can breed. Cats do it 5 or 6 at the time.
Don't get me wrong, I have all the respect in the world for good parents, but good parents don't use their kids to get what they want, IMHO.
I don't understand why you haven't just e-mailed her back that it has already been taken - end of problem!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess I could have done that, but I really need to sell it. I am trying hard to declutter my house, and make a little money. Sometimes people just rub me the wrong way, and some of the military wives around here think the world owes them just because they have kids.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I guess I could have done that, but I really need to sell it. I am trying hard to declutter my house, and make a little money. Sometimes people just rub me the wrong way, and some of the military wives around here think the world owes them just because they have kids.
Well then, I guess you'll just have to let her have it on her terms.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Krazy: I Have to agree with you. I hate it when parents use their kids as an excuse to get things.

Not to mention, personally I don't think kids should have tv's in their room anyways. But that is just my own belief.

It would have irked me too.
I would respond that the price is firm, bottom line.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

Krazy: I Have to agree with you. I hate it when parents use their kids as an excuse to get things.

Not to mention, personally I don't think kids should have tv's in their room anyways. But that is just my own belief.

It would have irked me too.
I would respond that the price is firm, bottom line.
On all parts! It drives me crazy that my 5yo nephew and 9yo niece have TV's in their rooms.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I sold it to her for 25.00. She found one she likes better and now is harassing me for her money back. She swears it does not work, but she passed on the opportunity to plug it in and check it out. I did that the night before, and it worked just fine.
I knew she was going to be a headache.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I sold it to her for 25.00. She found one she likes better and now is harassing me for her money back. She swears it does not work, but she passed on the opportunity to plug it in and check it out. I did that the night before, and it worked just fine.
I knew she was going to be a headache.
Some people are never happy unfortunately...

I've noticed it even with my snake breeders.... I've had what I call "problematic buyers". Sounds like you are dealing with one.

This person seems to need to be "put in her place". You came down from 40, to 25, you offered to show it working to her, etc. No, it's been sold, period.

Sorry, guess my patience for these types of people is very thin.

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wouldn't even be so sure that she has a son. People make up all kinds of stories to get what they want. I would have taken the $20 and been done with it; old electronics are not that popular in my experience. I'm glad you sold the TV.