Any experience?

mitsy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I care for 11 ferals and have been doing so for about 2 1/2 years now. No major problems thus far having neutered or spayed most...a new member of the "tribe" has shown up and today had what I suppose is a tapeworm hanging out his behind...what to do for this fellow? I will be taking him to the clinic for neutering ASAP, but until then?? and what about the rest of the cats...up until now all have been so healthy!

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mitsy

I care for 11 ferals and have been doing so for about 2 1/2 years now. No major problems thus far having neutered or spayed most...a new member of the "tribe" has shown up and today had what I suppose is a tapeworm hanging out his behind...what to do for this fellow? I will be taking him to the clinic for neutering ASAP, but until then?? and what about the rest of the cats...up until now all have been so healthy!
I'm sure you know the vet will treat for tapeworm... actually... hanging out of the butt may be roundworm... having seen that for myself!!!
Tapeworm usually gets passed in little rice sized segments that sometimes stick to the fur around the butt.

May have to treat the whole colony.... Hopefully someone more versed in this than me will be along shortly.