Anyone else sitting in a coffee shop

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
because they have no power or internet or what not due to this ice storm?

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I saw the storm on the news and hoped none of TCS members were affected. I guess you don't want to hear that it is 75 degrees here.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
YIKES! Sounds horrible! I on the other hand woke up at 11, pulled back the curtains in the diningroom and livingroom and found nothing but green(well brown!
) and no snow! Unfortunately, we are supposed to have freezing rain and snow again tomorrow so it won't be pretty for long!

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We were one of the lucky ones here in NH. We never lost power during the storm, but there are still a lot of people that lost power. We were without power for a few hours at work on Friday, but we got it back around 10 a.m. Then there were the loads of homeowners looking for generators and stuff for their generators. Concord didn't get hit as badly as Hooksett or Manchester. I drove through Concord, then through Hooksett and Manchester to get where I work in Manchester, and there were so many trees down. I had to go on the other side of the road just to maneuver around a tree limb that was blocking my side of the road. Hopefully they get people's power back soon. My parents had the worst of it, in central MA, and said they lost power Thursday night I believe. My dad was driving to work Friday morning and it said it looked like a disaster zone. Trees down everywhere. I still don't know if they have power or not.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
They've been showing the ice storm on the news on this side of the Big Pond, and I wondered how many TCSers were affected. So many people have no heat! I hope they get the power restored ASAP.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Renovia

because they have no power or internet or what not due to this ice storm?
Sorry to hear this Renovia. It's summer time in New Zealand and only 9.30 am and it's already rip roaring hot!!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The temps on the east coast have been fairly mild for late fall/early winter??
I didn't see any snow on the ground on any of the TV stations showing the the ice storm. So your homes while cold are tolerable (except for no hot water!)

We are in for severe weather change in just a few hours. It drizzled a bit this morning and temps are to plumment from a mild 40F (mild for us!) to a low of 2F. Strong winds coming already to bring us wind chills of -20 -30F tonite and tomorrow. The weatherman is forecasting instant ice forming on roadways-oh yay!!

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

The temps on the east coast have been fairly mild for late fall/early winter??
I didn't see any snow on the ground on any of the TV stations showing the the ice storm. So your homes while cold are tolerable (except for no hot water!)

We are in for severe weather change in just a few hours. It drizzled a bit this morning and temps are to plumment from a mild 40F (mild for us!) to a low of 2F. Strong winds coming already to bring us wind chills of -20 -30F tonite and tomorrow. The weatherman is forecasting instant ice forming on roadways-oh yay!!
I haven't experienced weather this cold since I was in Germany. I sure hope I have clothes warm enough now!

cheshirecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I was very lucky and lost power for only 15 minutes on Friday. Some of my co-workers who live in different parts of the city lost power for most of the day. While others who live in different towns are still without power today.

Driving to work on Friday was really strange. In some spots trees were coated with ice and hanging over into the road. Some places they blocked one side of the street. One stretch of road was covered with bits of pine branches but no limbs. Traffic signals were out at some intersections but not at others.

As I drove closer to downtown the downed trees were replaced with huge puddles on the sides of the street.

We had power at the office because the building has a back up generator. Only two in our group didn't make it in. Others were late because of the power being out or blocked roads. They came in mostly because it was better to be at work than at home with no power.

I didn't get groceries because the market is in an area that was out and it was closed. (No cereal and low on cat treats.)

My only worry was that I would get home and find the power had gone out in my building during the day and I would have to figure out how to get myself up three flights of stairs.

gardenandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We lost power in the night for a few hours. Then the next morning it went back out untill late afternoon. We have a wood stove so we stay warm but no water as we have a well.Trees are down all over the place.. Being right on the maine coast we didn't get as much as ice as inland..

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
While we were lucky enough to have power, I spent an unscheduled night at my parent's house (couldn't drive all the way home) and then spent the weekend hosting refugees. It has been really cold here in Upstate NY, even though 40F seems mild when you're outside it's not so great when it's 40F in your house. (40F being our high the last couple of days)

motoko9

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
No ice where I live, but we did get all the rain. Not as bad as losing power in this cold weather, but I could have done without the flooded basement!

I hope everyone remains safe and well.