Question of the Day Dec 14th.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
With the holidays fast approaching here is a question pertaining to goodies.

Do you like Christmas Cake?

I am not of fan of Christmas Cake, although if it has more nuts then dried fruit I can eat it. If it has too much dried fruit in it well

jscole

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

I used to like it okay, when I ate refined sugar. Did they change the name from fruitcake because of the bad reputation that name has?
fruitcake has a bad rep?!?! lol

I love the stuff, thank god it only comes around at xmas though, I would weigh 500lbs if not lol... mmmmm, and eggnog too yum, if that's not a calorie packer I don't know what is lol

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not that keen on Christmas cake, must be the amount of fruit in it or something..but I'm also not keen on Christmas pudding either because of the brandy being put in it.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If what you call Christmas cake is what we call fruit cake... then no. Except... there was this one WONDERFUL little bakery in the next town over.. he candied his own fruits... and would make fruitcake and stollen. OMG was that good!!!! But he got sick and had to close his shop.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My dad loves fruitcake-the cheap stuff you can buy at a drugstore or the pricey stuff-it doesn't matter.

The place I work at makes a fruitbread (not as sweet), stollen and panetonne 9might not have that spelt correctly). I'm getting him some of each for Christmas!!

Me-I'll pass on the stuff!!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you talking about fruitcake? If so the answer is:
Yuck! That stuff is terrible!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow, I'm stunned that there are in fact people in the world who do like fruitcake!
Me, no. I do like the traditional sticky pudding and custard though. Oooh and panetone! Yay! They always have lots of variety in store this time of year.

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My grandmother used to make a wonderful Hungarian fruitcake recipe that used walnuts, dates, raisins and orange peel. It's my favorite holiday food!

I'm not too wild about the traditional fruitcake with cherries and citron, etc. in it.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, there's fruitcake and fruitcake, as my Dad would have said. The tasteless sawdusty stuff most often available commercially I'll pass on, thank you. But a moist, rich, full of fruit, home made dark fruitcake is to die for. My aunt made the best fruitcake in the world. (Sorry, Dad, yours was pretty wonderful, but on this Aunt Lil had everyone beat hands down.)