Calling All Minnesotians on here

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Post your areas weather outlook for today/tonite. We are IN for it big time.

Here is ours (sw side of MN)

Windy. Snow and light freezing rain in the morning... then snow in the afternoon. Areas of blowing and drifting snow in the afternoon. Snow accumulation of 2 to 5 inches. Morning highs 25 to 30. Temperatures falling into the single digits in the afternoon. North winds 15 to 25 mph shifting to the northwest 25 to 30 mph in the afternoon. Lowest wind chill readings 19 below to 29 below zero in the afternoon.
»

Tonight
Much colder. Windy...cloudy. Snow likely in the evening...then a slight chance of snow and patchy light freezing drizzle after midnight. Blowing and drifting snow in the evening...then patchy blowing and drifting snow after midnight. Snow accumulation up to 1 inch. Lows around 10 below. Northwest winds 25 to 30 mph. Chance of precipitation 70 percent. Wind chill readings 26 below to 36 below zero.

psjauntie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Glad I moved from Rosemount Mn to Florida. Keep warm & safe!! Sounds like a good day to cuddle with your cats.

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by psjauntie

Glad I moved from Rosemount Mn to Florida. Keep warm & safe!! Sounds like a good day to cuddle with your cats.
Talk about a small world, I grew up in the Rosemount, MN area.

I'm in Southern Wisconsin, but right on the border with Minnesota/Mississippi River. We have rain right now and 43*. It's supposed to change over to a mix, then snow and have -25 wind chills by tomorrow morning!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Green Bay, Wisconsin forecast:

Hazardous Weather Outlook
Special Weather Statement
Wind Chill Advisory

Late Afternoon: Rain likely. Cloudy, with a high near 40. South wind around 16 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

Tonight: Rain likely, mixing with snow after 9pm, then gradually ending. Cloudy, with a low around 2. Wind chill values between -5 and -15. Southwest wind 17 to 20 mph increasing to between 25 and 28 mph. Winds could gust as high as 37 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Monday: Mostly sunny and cold, with a high near 9. Wind chill values between -15 and -25. West wind 26 to 29 mph decreasing to between 16 and 19 mph. Winds could gust as high as 40 mph.

Monday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around -3. Wind chill values between -15 and -20. West northwest wind between 8 and 15 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph.

JUST GREAT!!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ummm.....it was -8F last I looked an hour ago. Caught the 4 tame farm kitties I could - they're in the bathroom. I can only imagine how cold with the windchills. The others I put out dry food & warm wet food - checked their heated water bowl & they're good. Most are huddled in the dog house together - afraid to bother them/scare them out if they are warm.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm on the MN/WI border:

Currently its 12*F, but feels like 2*F

Tonight:

Windy (duh!
) with on and off snow showers during the evening. Wind chills may approach -25*F, low -2*F. Winds W at 20-30MPH. Chance of snow at 50%, snowfall around 1 inch.

Tomorrow:

High of 3*F, Windy with mostly cloudy skies. Very cold, dangerous wind chills approaching -25*F., Winds WNW at 20-30MPH.

Going to be chilly, but not much snow

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mother grew up in Minnesota. I have heard plenty of stories about how cold it can get there. Brrrrrr!! No thank you! We are having our own Artic Blast here in Oregon. That's more than enough for me, I don't think I could survive very long in Minnesota. I'm a big baby!

rahma

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We're covered with a sheet of ice here in the twin cities. It was warm (35 degrees) yesterday morning, so the snow was melting and it rained a bit. Then the temperatures started to drop, and everything froze. Dur.

It's a balmy -6 right now, with a windchill of -30. They're not expecting us to get above -5 today.

However, looking on the bright side, it's not as bad as it is up in NW MN and the Dakotas. A lot of the roads are closed there, plows can't get out and the windchill is -50.

ninacaliente

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure what the exact temp is in my neck of MN, but I do know that DH just finished fixing our frozen pipes.
Is it spring yet???

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by psjauntie

Glad I moved from Rosemount Mn to Florida.

I'm glad I moved from Wisconsin to Texas!

Originally Posted by GailC

Green Bay, Wisconsin forecast:

Hazardous Weather Outlook
Special Weather Statement
Wind Chill Advisory

Late Afternoon: Rain likely. Cloudy, with a high near 40. South wind around 16 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

Tonight: Rain likely, mixing with snow after 9pm, then gradually ending. Cloudy, with a low around 2. Wind chill values between -5 and -15. Southwest wind 17 to 20 mph increasing to between 25 and 28 mph. Winds could gust as high as 37 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Monday: Mostly sunny and cold, with a high near 9. Wind chill values between -15 and -25. West wind 26 to 29 mph decreasing to between 16 and 19 mph. Winds could gust as high as 40 mph.

Monday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around -3. Wind chill values between -15 and -20. West northwest wind between 8 and 15 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph.

JUST GREAT!!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by littleraven7726

It's cold here in the Coulee Region today.
They are expecting double digit below zero temps tonight. It's cold and windy, and I think my face just about froze off walking home from the bus stop.
The Coulee Region? I think you might live near me

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It was -10F here tonight as of 9PM. I'm skeered
to look at the thermometer now!