Favorite Christmas toy?

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Did you ever get a toy for Christmas that you remember now, years later? What was it?

My brother and I got a marble game when we were about in the 4th and 6th grades. I'll have to draw a picture of it, because I don't have it any more, and I don't have any photos of it. It was made by my half-sisters grandfather, who was a mighty good carpenter. He built her a doll house that she still has.

This toy was just a series of 4 zig-zag ramps that we rolled marbles down. It would be a major failure in this day of video games, but we played with it until I was in college!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
An Atari! I think I got that when I was 6 or so, I think it was a consolation prize since that's the year my sister was born
I still wish that thing worked, I'm not a fan of the current complicated games and those games were soooo not complicated

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The very best toy I ever got for Christmas was a Andy Panda Teddy Bear, I got him when I was 4 years old and I still have him. He has had one of his eyes replaced with a button, and has a patch on his belly. I tried to take his appendix out at one point. Now he sits in the corner of my dresser and he is one of Sassy favorite things to cuddle with.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
oooh, I thought of another one! My grandma got me one of those little organs one year, I learned how to play "Bicycle Built for Two" on it

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Two gifts that stick in my mind are a stuffed pink kitty that I named Thomasina, and my Barbie doll.

The absolute very best birthday present I ever received as a kid was my very first cat, Snowflake!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We were stationed in Germany when I was 2 years old and stayed there until I was 5, and I remember being enthralled with a particular ballerina doll I always saw when Mom took me to the PX. She was about 20 inches tall, with dramatic black hair, a pink tutu, and beautifully articulated joints that allowed her to pose in graceful ballet positions. I longed for that doll for months and months!

Well, she showed up under the tree at Christmas, but by that time, I'd learned to read. And compared to books, a mere doll was... kinda boring.
She did inspire me to take ballet lessons when I got older, though.

skyecat0117

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It would so have to be my Julie Doll

http://www.dollinfo.com/wowjulie.htm
Looking at her now she seems kinda creepy but at the time I loved her. We didn't have a lot growing up and my mom saved up for almost a whole year to get her for me. I'll never forget it.

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Cabbage Patch Kid!! Patricia Marie. lol My mom had to order her special, because it was when they first came out and were very popular. She had blond hair in two big braids, a yellow gingham dress, and a pacifier. I loved that doll!! I got another one, Jesse Ray, the next year. He had the short brown loop hair, and came with a short red courduroy jumper with an elephant iron-on on the front. My sister got Jesse Ray's twin at the same time, she named him Bobby Joe. LMAO!! Funny I can still remember their names.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

An Atari! I think I got that when I was 6 or so, I think it was a consolation prize since that's the year my sister was born
I still wish that thing worked, I'm not a fan of the current complicated games and those games were soooo not complicated
We just watched "Wall-e" last night. At one point in it, a "Pong" game is running!

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can remember having a Cabbage Patch doll as a kid too, mine had brown plaited hair and a blue and pink dress. Can't remember her name though

gardenandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was 5 years old I wanted a blonde haired Chatty Cathy Doll.Christmas morning she was under the Christmas tree.