Photography

lucara

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I like taking pics on my free time. I'm not overly good at it but its still fun every once in a while =D

Here are a few pictures that I've taken of my previous tarantula collection:

Theraphosa blondi 7" female.

5" Grammastola alticeps female

1 1/2" Theraphosa blondi spiderling

Fangs

A few of the LOLCat type pics with spiders instead:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lucara

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Some taken of our backyard/acerage:

lucara

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
State Park just down the road from us:

lucara

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Aaaand the second time we went:

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I really enjoyed looking through your photos. I especially liked the landscape ones in your acerage - although it might have been the relief of not looking at spiders anymore!

You do have some great photos there!

lucara

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Lol I'm glad you like then. Yeah the tarantulas take a while to get used to but their awsome pets =D.

Here are some pics of Orlando's Dixie Stampede after they closed it. I have a few of the horses there when it was still in business if I can dig them up. =/

The other pics lol

Athena's old stall

Pigeon cage

Where all the back stalls used to be located:

Back of the Buffalo/Ostrich Pens

lucara

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hay/Feed barn

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do portrait photography, but not as a paid job as I found I don't have the patience nor the dedication to do it as a career. Maybe someday. I'm a ton better than most "professional" photographers in our area, but compared to pros I see on a couple forums I go to I consider myself crappy. I have no clue how some of the people here get customers.

I don't have the instinct for object photography. When I try to take an object photo, it usually just ends up looking like a snapshot, not a photo. I'm mainly just good with animals and people.

Tons of pictures, sorry.

My lovely late Gus

etc... You can look at my blog if you want. www.kara-erickson-photography.blogspot.com

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One more I like. Pictures with this kid are all my son. I have permission to post pictures of the other children with a model release.

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lucara, the close up picture of the banana spider in the web is awesome!! So is the one of the grasshopper. Your close up pictures are VERY clean and crisp! Good job!

What camera and lens do you use?

wesley's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kara_leigh

I do portrait photography, but not as a paid job as I found I don't have the patience nor the dedication to do it as a career. Maybe someday. I'm a ton better than most "professional" photographers in our area, but compared to pros I see on a couple forums I go to I consider myself crappy. I have no clue how some of the people here get customers.

I don't have the instinct for object photography. When I try to take an object photo, it usually just ends up looking like a snapshot, not a photo. I'm mainly just good with animals and people.

Tons of pictures, sorry.
You are very talented. I really have enjoyed looking at your photos. Thank you for sharing them!!!

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Wesley's Mom

You are very talented. I really have enjoyed looking at your photos. Thank you for sharing them!!!
Thanks!!
My favorite thing to do is use Photoshop. If I could get a job just editing photos, that would be a dream come true. lol

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here are a couple pictures of some frogs I found near Sailorville Lake in Des Moines, Iowa a LONG time ago. They were in the blackest mud I have ever seen. They aren't the greatest composition wise, but they turned out pretty sharp and I love their colors.
The lower picture shows the mud with the best color. In the first picture I loved the green on him, so I made it a bit more yellow so it would stand out. You can't notice unless they are right next to each other. lol