Maybe now she's an indoor kitty!

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Butzie has been a very good kitty this week. As you may know, I got her from the shelter and she was a very loved and indoor/outdoor kitty in her life before the shelter.

Well, I have been trying to make her an indoor only kitty ever since we got her about 2 years ago. Finally, this week, she has been an indoor kitty. Yeah!

Butzie has had days when it is too hot or too cold to go outside. At the beginning of this past week, we had a very foggy, damp day. Butzie went out and came right back in. She went out for a short time every day until Thurs. I left the cat door open, she looked at it and I went back upstairs. Who comes trotting upstairs a minute later, meowing for attention? And it was a sunny warm day as it was yesterday, and she still didn't want to go out.

Today, it is supposed to be cloudy with rain, which is the first of 4 days with this weather. She will not want to go out. I am hoping that our winter weather will reinforce her not wanting to go out.

Wish me luck!

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good luck! She sounds like she's adjusting to being indoors!

I often wonder if Larry even remembers his life out on the streets. Of course, there's no way he's getting out, because we're on the 23rd floor in Midtown Manhattan.

But, I see him sitting on the window sill, looking down on the street, and I wonder what's going through his little kitty brain.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by nanner

Good luck! She sounds like she's adjusting to being indoors!

I often wonder if Larry even remembers his life out on the streets. Of course, there's no way he's getting out, because we're on the 23rd floor in Midtown Manhattan.

But, I see him sitting on the window sill, looking down on the street, and I wonder what's going through his little kitty brain.
Pidgeons, pidgeons, yum!

709juggalette

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Good luck!!!

One of my mom's cats was found as a stray in the streets.She was pregnant at the time and gave birth to two kittens.Afterwards she was spayed and kept indoors.It has been about 2 yrs now (?) and she has no interest in going outside anymore.She will sit up in the window...but does not even try and get out.She is quite content.

knottygirlz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
When Squirt first came to us he didn't like to stay in for extra long periods of time. In fact after we had him neutered he jumped out of the upstairs bathroom window because he was so freaked by staying in so long...and this was in late january when it was still very cold. However, over time he stayed in more and more. Then we lost him on our trip. When we got him back 3 plus months later he has no inclination to go out at all. Only twice has he looked at the door and meowed. Then we told him no, he was grounded for life and he just walked away. He, too likes to look out the window. We put a shelf in front for Shadow just after we got her and they take turns using it. Rick's winter project is to build a book shelf or cabinet or something under the window so we can expand their lounging capacity.

Lori, Rick, Shadow and Squirt

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ella was a Katrina rescue, and she wouldn't go outdoors if you left the door open all the time.