Spotlight member of the week-GoldyCat 12/13-12/20

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It has been fun being on the receiving end of questions for a change. I am now passing the torch to GoldyCat and will start things off with ten questions.

1. How many cats would you own if space and money were no object?

2. Would you have a variety such as some short haired, some long haired, etc.?

3. What specifically were you looking for when you ran across TheCatSite.com?

4. Are you a multi-tasker, in other words what other activity do you do while on TCS? (I am listening to music.)

5. Did you consider other usernames than GoldyCat? What were they?

6. Do you ever use other search engines than google.com?

7. Are you any good at predicting the future?

8. What gets you going in the morning? (For me, it is coffee.)

9. What is the farthest away from where you are living now that you have been to?

10. Would you rather walk ten miles, swim one mile, or ski 20 miles?

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi !....
Congratulations & Welcome at this wonderful week....we try to be not deeply sneaking in your life!
...SO,...Today the topic would be the Mexican Stuffs that I want to know if you know where I´m living …
AJUA!!!.........Here we go...

1.- ¿Do you know MÃ[emoji]169[/emoji]xico?
…as a country or as a city?
2.- ¿Wich part exactly?
are you came by business or by vacations?
3.- Have you ever hearded about MÃ[emoji]169[/emoji]rida Yucatán MÃ[emoji]169[/emoji]xico????..
.. Is the place where I´m live!
….As you can see in Yucatán is locatated Chichen Itza (Mayan Ruins) one of the New 7 wonders of the Modern world!...

Here´s the link my friend..(about my city and you can see something too about Chichen….http://www.yucatantoday.com/index.php
4.- Can you speak spanish?
5.- Do you have some CD of Spanish music? do you like it?

6.- Have you ever to watched a Mexican Movie? ( I mean with Spanish Dialogs?)
7.-Do you like the Mexican Food?
( do you have any preference for example: burritos, Tacos, rice & beans, etc?)
8.-Do you like the Tequila?
...or else Mexican Alcoholic beverage?
9.- Have you ever to sleeped in a hammock?
10.- Have you ever to saw the traditional mexican clothes?

11.- Do you to know Cancun Mexico? ( Is a beach)
( here´s the link my friend: )
http://cancun.gob.mx/guiaturistica2/

Enought for NOW,
....see you around my friend...

wesley's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ooh, ooh!!!
Hi there!! Here are some from me!!

1. What is your favorite time of year and why?

2. What are your pet peeves (things that really annoy you)?

3. Do you eat fast food? If so, what do you prefer?

4. Other then going on to TCS, what other things do you do on the web?

5. What is your all time favorite movie?

6. What kind of computer do you own?

7. What are your favorite hobbies?

8. If you could have the powers of any super hero, what one would you choose?

9. How many bathrooms do you have in your house?

10. Do you like the indoors or outdoors better?

Have fun this week being the spotlight member of the week!!

wildfire203

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Congrats on spotlight member

1. If you could visit anywhere in the world where would it be

2. If you had a million dollars and had to spend it all in one day what would you spend it on

3. What is your favorite outfit to wear around the house

Thats all I have for now

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Oooooh! My turn now.
It's got to be easier answering questions than trying to come up with new ones to ask.

Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

OK, now I think people can see you.
Thanks. It took me a while to find the thread. By the time I got to the computer to check new posts it was already down to the third page.

I'll answer as many as I can before I take off for the evening.

1. How many cats would you own if space and money were no object? Probably about a dozen. It would have to be enough money to live on so I wouldn't have to work. Even then, I think more than 10 or 12 it would be hard to give each one the individual attention they need (and that I need).

2. Would you have a variety such as some short haired, some long haired, etc.? Mostly DSH, although one or two medium hair kitties might sneak in there. Cats are very sneaky that way.

3. What specifically were you looking for when you ran across TheCatSite.com? I had taken in a stray kitten ( about 7-8 months old) who was pregnant. I was looking for some guidance in caring for a pregnant cat and then help with newborn kittens.

4. Are you a multi-tasker, in other words what other activity do you do while on TCS? (I am listening to music.) Of course. While I'm on the computer I'm usually playing with a kitty at the same time. I can do a lot more things while watching TV--play with kitties, clean the litterboxes, read a book, knit (but only if I lock the kitties in another room).

5. Did you consider other usernames than GoldyCat? What were they? I don't participate in many forums, and when I do I usually use my real name. The instructions for this site suggested not doing that, so I had to come up with something in a hurry. I did think about using Shareena or Miss Patchwillow, the names of my two original cats. I decided on GoldyCat because I was specifically looking for help with Goldy at the time.

6. Do you ever use other search engines than google.com? Rarely any more. I used to use several different search engines depending on what I needed, but usually ended up not finding anything useful anyway. Google is a little more user friendly for us computer illiterates.

7. Are you any good at predicting the future? Don't think so. I haven't really tried.

8. What gets you going in the morning? (For me, it is coffee.) Morning? You're supposed to get going in the morning?
I'm a night owl. I do like a cup of tea the first thing whatever time of day I happen to get up.

9. What is the farthest away from where you are living now that you have been to? Hmm. I'd have to get out a world atlas to look at distances. It's probably either New Zealand or Israel.

10. Would you rather walk ten miles, swim one mile, or ski 20 miles? Walk.
I don't have the endurance for that long of a swim. I never learned to ski, but I always thought cross-country skiing would be fun.

I'm off to a concert ("The Three Redneck Tenors). I'll post more when I get home later.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My turn now

Have you ever visited Canada?

Who is your favorite singer?

If you could meet one person living or passed who would it be?

Do you see the glass as half empty or half full?

What is your favorite holiday?

What is your eye color?

Where you born with the hair color you have?

What's your shoe size?

Sweet or Sour?

What country would you most like to visit?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldyCat

I'm off to a concert ("The Three Redneck Tenors). I'll post more when I get home later.
DUH, the three redneck tenors? Sounds like something we would have here in Texas but I am totally in the dark on this one. OK, who are they?

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

DUH, the three redneck tenors? Sounds like something we would have here in Texas but I am totally in the dark on this one. OK, who are they?
The Three Redneck Tenors
are actually two tenors and a baritone, and at least one of them is from Texas. The show I went to was their Christmas show, and it was absolutely hilarious. I was practically falling off my seat laughing. Oh, and on top of the redneck humor, these guys can SING.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Yikes! You guys (and gals) are getting ahead of me. Okay, here we go.

1.- ¿Do you know MÃ[emoji]169[/emoji]xico?
…as a country or as a city? I'm not sure what you're asking. I know of Mexico both as a city and a country but have never been to Mexico City.

2.- ¿Which part exactly?
have you come by business or by vacations? I've been to Mexico only once, to Ensenada on a mission/work trip with my church.

3.- Have you ever heard about MÃ[emoji]169[/emoji]rida Yucatán MÃ[emoji]169[/emoji]xico????..
.. Is the place where I´m live!
….As you can see in Yucatán is locatated Chichen Itza (Mayan Ruins) one of the New 7 wonders of the Modern world!...

Here´s the link my friend..(about my city and you can see something too about Chichen….http://www.yucatantoday.com/index.php I'd heard of Chichen Itza and the Yucatan, but hadn't heard of Merida until you started posting these questions here.

4.- Can you speak Spanish? Only a few words. I took Spanish classes in junior high and then spent some time in college teaching English as a second language to Mexican immigrants. I was somewhat fluent in everyday language at the time. However, when I started speaking German 24/7 the Spanish went away and never came back.

5.- Do you have some CD of Spanish music? do you like it?
No CDs, but I enjoy listening to Spanish music on the radio occasionally.

6.- Have you ever watched a Mexican Movie? ( I mean with Spanish Dialogs?) No

7.-Do you like the Mexican Food?
( do you have any preference for example: burritos, Tacos, rice & beans, etc?) I don't know that I've ever had authentic Mexican food. I do like the Southwestern style I can get in some of the restaurants in Arizona---NOT Taco Bell. I would have to say the tostadas are my favorite, or at least that's what I order most often.

8.-Do you like the Tequila?
...or else Mexican Alcoholic beverage? Never tasted it. I very rarely drink any alcohol.

9.- Have you ever slept in a hammock? Not unless I fell asleep accidentally when I was laying in a hammock reading.

10.- Have you ever seen the traditional Mexican clothes?
I've seen the costumes the Ballet Folklorico dancers wear for Cinco de Mayo celebrations. Does that count as traditional Mexican?

11.- Do you to know Cancun Mexico? ( Is a beach)
( here´s the link my friend: )
http://cancun.gob.mx/guiaturistica2/ I've never been there, but I've heard from my brother that it is beautiful. Your link doesn't seem to be working.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
1. What is your favorite time of year and why? Spring. I love the early wildflowers.

2. What are your pet peeves (things that really annoy you)? I think it's people more than things that annoy me. I get especially irritated with selfish people who do whatever feels good to them without considering the effect their actions might have on other people around them.

3. Do you eat fast food? If so, what do you prefer? Not often. If there's nothing better available I try to go to a fast food place that has fresh salad.

4. Other then going on to TCS, what other things do you do on the web? Email, banking, occasionally buying tickets to a concert or event, and I belong to a forum that is supposed help me keep on track with my workouts.

5. What is your all time favorite movie? I see so few movies you'd think it would be easy to choose. The one that made the greatest impression on me was "Schindler's List". "Mr. Holland's Opus" was a close second and much easier to watch.

6. What kind of computer do you own? Mac

7. What are your favorite hobbies? Photography (outdoor, nature, wildflowers, etc.), reading, knitting, baking, gardening, writing.
Wondered where all my time went?

8. If you could have the powers of any super hero, what one would you choose? I'm not sure I even know who all the superheroes are any more. I always thought it would be fantastic to be able to fly like Superman.

9. How many bathrooms do you have in your house? One. The second one got converted to a darkroom.

10. Do you like the indoors or outdoors better? Depends on the time of year, but usually outdoors. Summer in Arizona can be pretty miserable though.

Have fun this week being the spotlight member of the week!!
Thanks. This is fun.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
1. If you could visit anywhere in the world where would it be That's a tough one. I've already visited a lot of places, so without going back to some of my favorite spots I think I'd choose either the Australian Outback or Thebes.

2. If you had a million dollars and had to spend it all in one day what would you spend it on I'd use it as start-up money to build a biosphere that would be a valid research tool for developing human habitats in space or on the moon or Mars. You don't even want to get me started on all the things that were wrong with the original biosphere project.

3. What is your favorite outfit to wear around the house This time of year it's my fuzzy warm bathrobe.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Have you ever visited Canada? Yes, I've been on the west coast and east coast but not in the middle or far north. I went on an Alaskan cruise quite a few years ago and we had half a day in Victoria before boarding the ship. It was frustrating because we'd just spent three days in Seattle which wasn't nearly as interesting. Two years ago I took a cruise that started in Montreal, traveled along the St. Lawrence River and down the New England coast to New York. We had half a dozen stops in Canada which I thoroughly enjoyed.

Who is your favorite singer? It's a toss-up between Placido Domingo and Andrea Bocelli.

If you could meet one person living or passed who would it be? Ghandi

Do you see the glass as half empty or half full? Half full---unless I'm really thirsty. Then I think there's not enough left.

What is your favorite holiday? I hadn't ever thought about having a favorite. Easter and Christmas are about equal with Easter having a slight advantage I think.

What is your eye color? Blue

Where you born with the hair color you have? Nope. I was born bald.

What's your shoe size? 8-1/2

Sweet or Sour? Both

What country would you most like to visit? Including places I've already been, Austria.

wesley's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, here are some more. I hope I don't duplicate any questions that someone else asked. It's hard to remember all of them! Forgive me if I do! Here goes:

1. Where were you born?

2. What was your favorite toy as a child?

3. Do you like to travel? If so, where is your favorite place you have been?

4. What type of decorating style do you like? (Modern, country, traditional...)

5. Have you or would you ever want to go sky-diving?

6. What is your favorite thing about TCS?

7. Do you like shopping? If so, what is your favorite store?

8. Do you like camping?

9. What is your favorite thing about yourself? What about your least favorite?

10. If you could have the ability to read people's minds, would you?

Ok, enough for now from me!!

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I'm at work right now, so may have to stop and actually do something to earn my paycheck, but I'll try to get as many questions answered as I can.

1. Where were you born? Chicago, but I was only 15 months old when my family moved away from there so I don't count it as my home town.

2. What was your favorite toy as a child? My first babydoll that was the size of a real baby. I named her Susan and got very upset if anyone called her Susie.

3. Do you like to travel? If so, where is your favorite place you have been? Love to travel to new places. It's hard to pick a favorite. My first big trip was to Greece and I didn't want to leave at the end of the three weeks. Other places that are at the top of the list are New Zealand (South Island), and the Austrian Tirol.

4. What type of decorating style do you like? (Modern, country, traditional...) Eclectic. Also known as mishmash. I currently have different furniture in every room, mostly purchased for comfort rather than style. If I were able to redecorate my entire house without worrying about cost, I think I'd go with something a little more sophisticated such as French Provencal or Queen Anne style.

5. Have you or would you ever want to go sky-diving? No.

6. What is your favorite thing about TCS? Having people who are actually interested in hearing about my kitties. I think my family and a lot of my friends are bored with the subject.

7. Do you like shopping? If so, what is your favorite store? Shopping has to be about my least favorite activity.

8. Do you like camping? Yes, although I haven't done much in the last few years. I prefer tent camping, cooking over a campfire, etc. rather than and RV.

9. What is your favorite thing about yourself? What about your least favorite? Hmm. I never did like having to do self-evaluations. I guess my favorite thing about myself is that I have multiple talents/abilities. My least favorite thing is related. I tend to start a lot of projects and never finish them.

10. If you could have the ability to read people's minds, would you? It might be fun for a little while, but I'm not sure I want to know what people are thinking. I'd at least want to be able to turn it on and off at will.

This only took about an hour to get through all the questions. Kept getting interrupted with real work.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hello,
thank you
for your answer at my questions from yesterday let me see for the questions of today
....The Topic of today would be Music

1.- Wich one is your favourite Genre of Music?

2.- How many Cd´s do you have?

3.- Wich one is your favourite singer Male?

4.- Wich one is your favourite singer Female?
5.- Have you ever to listened at http://www.rippingtons.com/ ?????

6.- Do you have a CD collection? ( I mean for example all Cd´s from a determinate artist???

7.- Have you ever to participated in some Concert of your favourite artist?

8.- Do you have any preference to listen a Radio FM station???

Have you ever to listened this one??...,…. http://www.1.fm/Stations/SmoothJazz/Listen.aspx?pidx=0 )
9.- In your own opinion wich one is better, a CD original from an artist or an MP3 collage of music without nothing of information?...

10.- Do you play some Musical instrument?

Thank you my friend in advance for your nicely answers, I beg you love the music like I!...

PS thank you for tell me about the Cancun Link...ôll going to check it out...

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Okay, I got some sleep and have my brain turned back on for more questions.

1.- Which one is your favourite Genre of Music?

Classical

2.- How many Cd´s do you have?

I haven't counted them, but maybe about 15

3.- Which one is your favourite singer Male?

I think I answered this one before. It's between Placido Domingo and Andrea Bocelli.

4.- Which one is your favourite singer Female?
Ella Fiztgerald

5.- Have you ever listened at http://www.rippingtons.com/ ?????

Not until you posted the link here.

6.- Do you have a CD collection? ( I mean for example all Cd´s from a determinate artist???

As you can see from my answer above, I don't think a dozen or so CDs can qualify as a collection. I think I only have two that are by the same artists, the Eroica Trio. So maybe a mini collection?

7.- Have you ever participated in some Concert of your favourite artist?

It wasn't my favorite artist, but I was on stage with Rita Coolidge once. A couple of years ago she did a Christmas concert at our local Performing Arts Center, which also happens to be part of the high school. She had asked the high school choir to join her for three songs, singing backup, and to perform one or two of their own songs from their fall concert. Since I accompany the H.S. choir, I was also invited to participate.

Rita came in to work with the kids earlier in the day, but I met her only briefly just before the concert started. The most fun was hanging out backstage with her band.

8.- Do you have any preference to listen to a Radio FM station???

I usually listen to a classical station at home and in the car (KBAQ, pronounced K-Bach). For some reason we can't pick up that station at work, so I listen to KJZZ--a jazz station--there whenever my coworkers let me get away with it.

Have you ever to listened this one??...,…. http://www.1.fm/Stations/SmoothJazz/Listen.aspx?pidx=0 )
No. I tried the link but got an error message that the server can't be found.

9.- In your own opinion which one is better, a CD original from an artist or an MP3 collage of music without nothing of information?...

I don't know exactly what MP3 is, so it's kind of hard to have a preference.

10.- Do you play some Musical instrument?
…
I play piano and organ and play around a little with a recorder (wooden flute). I also teach piano and voice.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldyCat

No. I tried the link but got an error message that the server can't be found.
you´re rigth....
I don´t know what happen but heres the link again...
http://www.1.fm/Station/SmoothJazz/Default.aspx
just click on 128 bottom and will be open the media player....

how was your day today?...I hope fine!....
let see for now
…The topic of today going to be Movies!

1.- Wich one is your favourite Genre of Movies?
2.- Do you collect DVD´s or VHS??,….How many do you have?

3.- Wich one is your favourite Actor Male?
4.- Wich one is your favourite Actor Female?
5.- Have you ever to participated in some Special Event of your favourite artist?
6.- Have you ever to saw in live to some artist? ( I mean is some restaurant, buying at mall or in some resort?)

7.- Do you like to watch the Oscar Awards?

8.- Have you ever to participated in a role in a Theather representation? ( maybe just for fun or when you was on School?) …

9.- If you could to meet to some artist wich one would be and say us why!...

10.- Would you like to live next at some artist (? ( I mean for example your neighboor would be a TV anchor or else?)…
…

Cheers my friend…

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by CoolCat

you´re rigth....
I don´t know what happen but heres the link again...
http://www.1.fm/Station/SmoothJazz/Default.aspx
just click on 128 bottom and will be open the media player....
Okay, I'll have to try it again when I have more time. It usually takes a while for my computer to figure out how to play music.

On to more questions & answers.

1.- Which one is your favourite Genre of Movies?
I so rarely go to a movie, I'm not sure I have a favorite genre. Most of the ones I've seen the last few years have been dramas.

2.- Do you collect DVD´s or VHS??,….How many do you have?

Neither. The only prerecorded DVDs and VHS tapes I have are my workout programs. I do use both to record TV programs that I would miss otherwise, but don't always get back to watch them.

3.- Which one is your favourite Actor Male?
I don't even know who most of them are, so no favorites.

4.- Which one is your favourite Actor Female?
Same answer.

5.- Have you ever participated in some Special Event of your favourite artist?
No

6.- Have you ever seen live some artist? ( I mean is some restaurant, buying at mall or in some resort?)

If I did, I didn't recognize them

7.- Do you like to watch the Oscar Awards?

No. There doesn't seem to be much point since I'm not familiar with most of the movies or actors.

8.- Have you ever participated in a role in a Theather representation? ( maybe just for fun or when you were in School?) …

I was involved in the school musical three out of four years in high school. We did "Li'l Abner" and "West Side Story" and one other that I can't think of at the moment. It'll probably come to me in the middle of the night. I was only in the chorus, never leading roles.

I've also played the music for our Old Time Melodrama the last 10 or 12 years at Gold Rush Days. They make me come out to take a bow at the end, but otherwise I'm hidden behind the curtain at the side of the stage.

9.- If you could to meet to some artist which one would it be and tell us why!...

Can't think of anybody in the movie industry that I really want to meet.

10.- Would you like to live next at some artist (? ( I mean for example your neighbor would be a TV anchor or else?)…
…
Only if it was their secret hideaway and nobody else knew they were there.

Looks like this category was pretty much a bust. Better luck next time.