Part Ragdoll part canine

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yup, I swear Kizzy is part dog.

He SNIFFS and plays fetch.

I bought some toys tonight, one was a fluffy feathery thingie on a string on a pole.

We were playing with it for an hour or so LOL. Whenever I would fling the toy on the bed, in his bed, or on top of his scratch post, he would go over and grab it firmly in his mouth and plunk it down in front of me. I couldn't believe it LOL.

I got tired before he did, and I put the toy away and sat back down on the floor. He proceeded to sniff me, under my legs, behind my back, my hands (literally sniffing like a dog) and anywhere that the toy had been. He was trying to find the toy.

I wish I had had my camera up there.

Does anyone elses kitties sniff or play fetch like that?
It made me laugh.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This post made me laugh!!! Yep - Ragdolls can be quite like dogs sometimes... Does he follow you from room to room yet?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by carolinalima

This post made me laugh!!! Yep - Ragdolls can be quite like dogs sometimes... Does he follow you from room to room yet?
Nope...unfortunately he is only allowed in 2 rooms untill his ringworm culture comes back. Once that's back and he's free and clear, he will have the whole house to roam.

Before I got him, I did do research on the breed and saw that they could have the same attributes that dogs have. I just didn't fully believe it. Till tonight that is
Least I know what I have to look forward to.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ha ha - how old is Kizzy? My Ragdoll Smudge does the follow me all over the house thing. He doesn't like to be cuddled a lot, but he's ALWAYS right behind me wherever I go.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Ha ha - how old is Kizzy? My Ragdoll Smudge does the follow me all over the house thing. He doesn't like to be cuddled a lot, but he's ALWAYS right behind me wherever I go.
He will be 5mos on the 17th

jack31

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jack insists on playing fetch every evening. He'll bring anything he can find to fetch with--he has a couple foam rubber balls he prefers but he tends to lose them in the basement. One night be brought a pen, he'll bring tissues from the trash, wadded up paper, milk jug rings, straws.

He'd play for hours if we'd keep throwing.

He's just your average DLH stray off the street--knew both parents and neither is maine coon, although looks maine coon which I've read tend to be dog like as well.

Leslie

zane's pal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

Before I got him, I did do research on the breed and saw that they could have the same attributes that dogs have. I just didn't fully believe it. Till tonight that is
Least I know what I have to look forward to.
They say that the Shiba Inu is a rather catlike dog.

Wouldn't it be fun to have a Shiba and a Ragdoll at the same time?

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by followedbydolls

O yes..honestly, it's a ragdoll thing
heard them called the dog of the cat world...
Yah, I did read that when researching...but its one of those "seeing is believing" deals

Leslie: Jack sounds like a fun kitty indeed

rummi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
kimi, the BSH kitten does the follow-me-everywhere too. when the door bell rings, she will scramble to me wherever i m, then sit n meow at me... short of tugging my clothes n dragging me to the door

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwww all your kitties have such cute quirks! I love watching kitties play fetch