I'm back!

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the
As most people probably didn't notice (since this board is always so busy), I have been pretty much missing in action for a few weeks now.

I was very busy with the end of semester work, and what's more, my laptop suddenly died a few weeks ago.

But now I'm back online and I just finished my term paper about an hour ago. So I have now officially survived my first semester of graduate school, and the hardest class I'll have to do for my M.A.

In other great news, I had asked for some 'get a good job' vibes for my boyfriend a few weeks ago... and they must have worked! The company where he works is finally giving him his promotion! So he will be doing a job he loves (game designer at a videogame cie) and earning about twice what he was making before. He should also be eligible for another promotion within a few months (with another big jump in salary).

Also we will soon start shopping for an apartment so we can move in together this summer (or maybe even this spring).

So things are good around here.

How is everybody else?

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well what fantastic news you came back with

Thats really good about the job, the raise and now the joint apartment
and maybe even more kitties

Way to go on your first semester, too and getting that hard class out of the way. SO does this mean its smooth sailing in Grad School from here on out?

Welcome Back!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the
Originally Posted by Pami

Way to go on your first semester, too and getting that hard class out of the way. SO does this mean its smooth sailing in Grad School from here on out?
I wish

I have 3 more classes to do (and they should be easier) but then there is still the small matter of writing a thesis.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CoolCat

welcome back my friend!...

for all goes all right with the goals for you have to pretend for spring my friend!......
Hi
Nice to see that things are working out for you Marie!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome back! I know that end-of-term stress all too well, and am glad to hear that you've survived it!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi and Welcome Back!

I'm so glad to hear that things are going so well for you!
Congrats on finishing the hardest course.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome back!!

I was thinking that I hadn't seen you post for awhile.

Congrats to you on surviving your 1st semester of grad school. And to your man's new job!!

Good to read that life is going well for you.