Won't be online very much

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey guys,

I just wanted to let you all know I won't be online very much for awhile.

We have also financially hit rock bottom. For the last few months Brandon is the only one working and it's just not enough to pay everything.
I've went on several job interviews but unfortunatly, with the economy the way it is, there just aren't any jobs around here.

We relied on an agency who also does Justice's counsiling to pay our power bill for the last almost 4 months and every time we seen his therapist, we assumed everything was ok because she never said anything. Matter of fact, she took copies of our power bill with her monthly.

Well, to no avail, we came home last night and the power was shut off.

Upon calling the power company they informed us that not only had the agency NOT paid the bill the last 4 months (give or take) that the bill is over $1,000.00

I called the therapist on her cell phone and she then told me "Oh yea, I forgot to tell you, we weren't able to pay it for you".

I was totally floored seeing as we just seen her on Tuesday and she didn't mention a word of it.

So, right now I'm at my mom's house trying to figure out what to do.
But in the mean time, we are just going to bundle up and try to stay warm.

I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Im so sorry Alycia, you need to get in touch with the counselors boss this is unacceptable the situation she has put you in.

Sending many many prayers your way

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

Im so sorry Alycia, you need to get in touch with the counselors boss this is unacceptable the situation she has put you in.

Sending many many prayers your way
I just got off the phone with her supervisor. She said she couldn't understand why she would tell me they would pay it
and she would talk to her about it.
I also informed her that I did NOT want to see this therapist anymore.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She needs to come up with a better solution than just "not understanding why she would say that". You have 2 children and animals that cannot go without power! This is unbelievable! Stay on her, Alycia!

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you have a Dept of Human services in your county?(I think thats what it's called) They may help you with your heating and power bills while your in this situation. I know they help families in the same situation your in right now.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

She needs to come up with a better solution than just "not understanding why she would say that". You have 2 children and animals that cannot go without power! This is unbelievable! Stay on her, Alycia!
I'm trying every solution I can come up. I just got off the phone with another agency who is associated with this one. They said to call them back by 4:15 today to see what they can come up with.

Other then that, I'm literally screweed

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

If you were giving her the bills each month, did you not question her on why they were not paid each time?

Hopefully you get something sorted soon
She told me they were "taken care of". When I asked he why they weren't paid, she just said "I'm sorry. Hope you can work something out"

traveler5

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Gees, I am really sorry this is happening to you. Prayers sent. Isn't there some govt. agency that can help you with this -- even at the federal level? Or is that what you're talking about? In UT that can't just shut off your power during cold weather months. I hope you find a solution soon and that you folks can get back on your feet. If you're at the bottom, there's nowhere but up from there.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh sweetie, I'm so sorry you're going through all of this. I hope the counselor gets fired. She purposely misled you and I hope her supervisor realizes that and tries to help you in some way. There's not a lot I can say except my thoughts and prayers are with you. Please check in when you can and let us know how you're doing.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Traveler5

Gees, I am really sorry this is happening to you. Prayers sent. Isn't there some govt. agency that can help you with this -- even at the federal level? Or is that what you're talking about? In UT that can't just shut off your power during cold weather months. I hope you find a solution soon and that you folks can get back on your feet. If you're at the bottom, there's nowhere but up from there.
I've called every single one there is out there.
They either don't have the funds or for whatever reason they won't contribute to any utilities that have been disconnected

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
To make matters worse, Child Protective Services just called..

They are giving me 24-48hours to have the power turned back on

or as she put it "We'll have to take the next step"... whatever that means

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dixie_Darlin

I'm trying every solution I can come up. I just got off the phone with another agency who is associated with this one. They said to call them back by 4:15 today to see what they can come up with.

Other then that, I'm literally screweed
I'm sorry that you are going through this

An option for you would be to do what someone I worked with did when they were in financial difficulties and not able to make ends meet on one income.

They split up and lived in separate places. The wife who was not working, kept the kids and went on Welfare. Welfare also put her through a course of some kind and a year later she had a government job that paid mega bucks with an excellent benefit plan.

They continued to "date" but had separate addresses. And once she was finished school, she went off of Welfare and they moved back in together.

It might be something for you to think about.

traveler5

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
A couple of thoughts for you to consider during a financial crises. These may be things you've already thought of/taken care of. None of these things are in any particular order. Just random thoughts I have. In times like this we all need to carve out the unnecessary "fat" that we think we need but really don't.

- Cancel all unnecessary services (even your internet provider - you can go to the library) that are costing you. Things like cable/satellite TV, extra telephone service features (caller ID, voicemail), cell phone plans (buy a pre-paid cell phone that can be "re-charged" with more minutes), and anything else that's sapping you of your money needlessly each month.

- Sell stuff that you don't use or don't really need on ebay, Crag's List, etc. One man's junk is another man's treasure. You can make a lot of money selling the stuff you don't need or really don't want anymore.

- Contact your church and see if there is any help available from your pastor and/or congregation.

- Get some financial counseling. Your local govt. may offer free financial counseling services.

- If you have any vices (smoking, drinking, etc.) give them up now -- they're very expensive and unnecessary in times like this.

- Don't eat out (even McDonald's) and don't purchase donuts, chips, soft drinks, or other unnecessary food items from the grocery store. These things will run up your grocery bill.

- Keep track of every dollar spent. If you're not already on a budget, create one and stay on it.

- Consider all jobs -- even those that may not be appealing or pay all that well. Jobs like waitressing, cleaning offices, etc. We're in a recession not a depression. These jobs are out there and some offer a decent pay. Lower paid jobs are out there if you look for them. Hey, it's money coming in, right? Maybe these jobs are outside of your local area. Gas is cheaper these days.

- Help others in need. I promise, if you do this the Lord will bless you and your family.

Take care.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sorry to hear things aren't going so well and again, it happens at Christmas time for you. It helps explain why your mom was so upset about you buying a peacock feather when it wasn't a "need" versus a "want".

I see a lot of my daughter in your situations - she often buys "wants" rather than "needs" and then cannot figure out why she has trouble paying her car insurance.

As the above poster said, you will probably need to sell off some things you don't need and cut back on any unnecessary expenses right now. At least you have your mom to fall back on which is certainly a blessing.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What about private service agencies, we have a couple here that specifically help people in sistuations like yours. Or perhaps a local church group. It would be worth a shot.