I'm tired but I can't sleep!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm too wound up.

Today is my very first payday in over 4 years.
I'm itching to get my day started.

I go to the chiropractor for 9 am. Then I have to go to the bank and take out some money to pay my brother back the $100.00 that I still owe him from August when he helped me cover a post dated cheque related to my bankruptcy. He doesn't really need the money and told me not to worry about it, but it's been weighing on me. I hate borrowing money from anyone, especially family.

Then after that I have to go grocery shopping. My pantry is so bare.
I have my shopping list already made which includes staples such as flour and sugar. And because I was in such need last year and received a Christmas Food Hamper from the Christmas Cheer Board (otherwise I wouldn't have had any food for almost 2 weeks), I am also going to fill a second cart with non-perishable food and put it in the Christmas Cheer Board box.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Isn't it wonderful when you have money of your own in the bank??
Have fun at the market (try not to get too depressed at the prices!), and it is wonderful of you to get extra for the food bank. More people should give back like you! Congrats!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well done!

That's really good of you to return the favour and give back to the food bank.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Make sure you get yourself a little treat (and maybe the kitties too!).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

Make sure you get yourself a little treat (and maybe the kitties too!).
No treats

Between going and getting my prescriptions and other medications that I've been needing but couldn't afford to replenish, and groceries, there isn't much left over. What I have left I need to keep for transportation.

But there will be another cheque in 12 days... a bigger one! I'll finish buying the groceries that I still need to get, and then buy myself a little something to put next to my Christmas tree for Christmas morning. Something for the kitties too. Not sure what though! They're so darn picky! Maybe I'll just wrap up an empty box and give them the box as a gift!