Ewww, I've been snotted on.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well up until earlier today, the only symptom Kizzy had of a cold was the wheezing occassionally.

He sneezed once prior to the vets.

We've been siting here for an hour and a half, Kizzy ate, came back to my lap, groomed, then started sneezing.

He sneezed out this HUGE booger which of course landed on my leg
and me being the good cat momma, had to check it out. Turning the light on revealed it to be about an inch long, and greenish yellow/clear. (more yellow/clear, than green)

Kizzy fell asleep shortly after, and didn't wheeze :eek: Maybe this booger was part of his wheezing, and he just couldn't sneeze it out till now. He just woke up, a little wheeze, but nowhere near what it was.

Just felt like sharing...It's 4:5am, and I'm going to attempt to sleep again now.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for sharing - it did make me laugh... but I hope your baby is ok!!!! See, here I am again, on the same boat INSOMNIA!!!!!!! Did the doc give him anything for a cold?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by carolinalima

Thanks for sharing - it did make me laugh... but I hope your baby is ok!!!! See, here I am again, on the same boat INSOMNIA!!!!!!! Did the doc give him anything for a cold?
Yep, he's on an antibiotic for it. (he had his first dose bout 8hrs ago...no vomiting so that's good)

It made me laugh too, that's why I thought it was worth sharing
Nothing like a big ol cat booger landing on ya.

Nothing says I Love You, like a ginormous booger on a bare leg.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
other than a fart right on your face.... Ok, you said the gross thing first... Lucky usually sleeps on the bed with her butt turned to my face... Whenever she is gassy... oh.... makes you beg for mercy!

Now seriously: I am glad he is medicated... hope he feels better soon! As far as his tail goes, Lucky came home with exactly the same thing... The doctor sent us home with a triple duty medicine, but didn't run a culture - the medicine was an anti inflammatory/antibiotic /anti-fungal topic ointment... It is still a little red, but hair is growing normally now... I will be curious to see what your vets finds are...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by carolinalima

other than a fart right on your face.... Ok, you said the gross thing first... Lucky usually sleeps on the bed with her butt turned to my face... Whenever she is gassy... oh.... makes you beg for mercy!

Now seriously: I am glad he is medicated... hope he feels better soon! As far as his tail goes, Lucky came home with exactly the same thing... The doctor sent us home with a triple duty medicine, but didn't run a culture - the medicine was an anti inflammatory/antibiotic /anti-fungal topic ointment... It is still a little red, but hair is growing normally now... I will be curious to see what your vets finds are...
LOL...yah, at least snot can be washed off. Farts tend to linger. My dog gets gas sometimes, and its so bad even SHE leaves the room :eek: YUCK

Yes, I'm happy he's medicated too. He seems to be better with the wheezing, but is sneezing alot now...started last night. (of course it did. The vet asked me yesterday if he was sneezing and I said no because he hadn't)

He's taken 2 doses now, and hasn't had any side effects... that I was nervous about, after reading on here, and even my vet said it could make them nauseous and diarrehea.... but so far so good.