Saint- Exupéry ....(Books)

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning!...

When i was child,
..I was raised with classic reads ( of course in the school and home ) my favourite of all times was always...
Le little Prince....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Little_Prince
a terrific history and lovely!...

Bio of the Autor...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antoine...t-Exup%C3%A9ry

NOW I read that was write the SUPPOSSEDLY SECOND part of the history...

http://mpelembe.blogware.com/blog/_a...6/3996358.html

I can´t believe that there are not anymore IMAGINATION on the world to create sweet and marvellous historys as the firts one....

Many people take the IDEAS made it and try to cover or invent something with pieces of the originals....

I´m so sure I´ll never going to read the second part EVEN tell me that is another episode of the life of the young protagonist...

What do you think dear TC´er?...

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
a quote from the link you provided, Rigel
"I don't think this is a second part. It's a spiritual complement
and I think it's a necessary spiritual complement. If you really read 'The
Little Prince', I think that when you read this book you are going to say that
it was necessary," Roemmers said.
Sounds as if it's not a sequel, but a different ending---which I find kind of strange. I don't know how you can take a classic like The Little Prince and "re-vamp" it. It's been years since I read it; I think I might have to go look in my attic & find it.

May I recommend another classic 'children's' book? The Velveteen Rabbit is probably my favorite kids' book, altho' I don't know that kids really understand it. I still read it every so often, and it still makes me cry.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love that story, too. Rigel, have you ever read "Oh, The Places You'll Go," by Dr. Seuss? It follows his usual form, but the content is not so simple. It's very insightful, and reading it as an adult is a very emotional thing. A tiny little gem of a book.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

Hi Rigel,
Thanks for the flowers. It's so lovely to hear from you.
I can't believe Milky has a friend now! Lucky boy!
How are you??
Sam!...
please check your own profile...
I wrote something for you there!..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by libby74

Sounds as if it's not a sequel, but a different ending---which I find kind of strange. I don't know how you can take a classic like The Little Prince and "re-vamp" it. It's been years since I read it; I think I might have to go look in my attic & find it.
I agree with you my friend...
BUT I have to comment something....
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

I love that story, too. Rigel, have you ever read "Oh, The Places You'll Go," by Dr. Seuss? It follows his usual form, but the content is not so simple. It's very insightful, and reading it as an adult is a very emotional thing. A tiny little gem of a book.
...nope but I´ll be for sure to search about it.....

The coment is.....

IMO is not the fact that the history changes and be a parallel episode about it..............THE FACT IS why should to take the same characters after a really long time and pretend to invent something in their own dimension??????????....
.......I mean is like I invent the secuel of CHRISTINE ( A sthephen king horror book ) or another one who just only knows ONE when it was edite!...
"I find disturbing the find of imagination"...

I repeat...IMO....