New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What Color/Kind Am I?

post #1 of 15
Thread Starter 
This is my kitty, Snowbell. He is a mix breed but I've always wondered what color he would be called and what his dad possibly was. I know his mom was a tiny calico barn cat but don't have a clue on the dad. He had a black and a orange littermates that had "something" wrong with them and they didn't live. I caught Snowbell when he was just a little guy and I'm sure that's the only reason he survived. Anyway, any guesses on what he is? Here's some pics of him growing up, he is almost 3 now. He has bright blue eyes although you can't see them in most of the pics.
Here he is at about 2 months

About 6 months

About 1 year

About 2

And here he is now ( looking very grumpy, lol) helping with the sewing
post #2 of 15
I don't know much about cat breeds... but he looks part siamese to me (we had a siamese years ago)... his ears and tail is what is leaning me that way especially in the 3rd pic... I may be way off though... he is gorgeous though
post #3 of 15
He's a seal point with white spotting and yes, he resembles the Siamese.
post #4 of 15
He isn't modern Siamese as his body is quite cobby in comparison, possibly traditional Siamese influence on one half of his parentage due to his body type, but his colour is properly described as Seal Point & White. To me he doesn't look that Siamese because of the shape of his face isn't right for Siamese. The colour can occur in moggies without them being Siamese at all. All colourpoint cats have blue eyes regardless of breed, it's a side effect of the body colouring which is a limited type of albinism.

He is absolutely beautiful
post #5 of 15
H is the "GORGEOUS" color !!!
post #6 of 15
Seal Point Bicolor - looks a bit like the Snowshoes but with more white. He's cool.
post #7 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45 View Post
Seal Point Bicolor - looks a bit like the Snowshoes but with more white. He's cool.
That's what I was thinking... regardless... what a drop-dead handsome boy!
post #8 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epona View Post
He isn't modern Siamese as his body is quite cobby in comparison, possibly traditional Siamese influence on one half of his parentage due to his body type, but his colour is properly described as Seal Point & White. To me he doesn't look that Siamese because of the shape of his face isn't right for Siamese. The colour can occur in moggies without them being Siamese at all. All colourpoint cats have blue eyes regardless of breed, it's a side effect of the body colouring which is a limited type of albinism.

He is absolutely beautiful
We just had a "Siamese" come through our rescue. Our director labeled him as such, though he had that "cobby" body... really looked like an American/domestic short hair but with blue points and of course, blue eyes. He was snatched up in less than a week. I think it helped that he was just a great big sweetie-pie.
post #9 of 15
Thread Starter 
Thanks guys!! I think he's beautifulI appreciate the input as I've always been curious about him
post #10 of 15
Methinks Dad might have been a Siamese or other point-colored cat...

Anyways, he's gorgeous.

Looks like a big ham too.
post #11 of 15
He's gorgeous. I love his little bow.
post #12 of 15
I don't think he is a seal point, I think he is more likely a seal mink, or a seal sepia, his body color is entirely too dark for seal point. I would lean towards seal mink, personally. With white, of course.
post #13 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfur View Post
I don't think he is a seal point, I think he is more likely a seal mink, or a seal sepia, his body color is entirely too dark for seal point. I would lean towards seal mink, personally. With white, of course.
Seal points can be very dark. The color is temperature dependant and if it's cold the coat of a seal point can becom very dark. And then there's the white spotting that changes the color somewhat to.

But sure, it could be a seal mink to. Only a DNA-test will tell. I doubt sepia due to the very blue eyes.
post #14 of 15
Thread Starter 
Thanks guys
post #15 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol View Post
Seal points can be very dark. The color is temperature dependant and if it's cold the coat of a seal point can becom very dark. And then there's the white spotting that changes the color somewhat to.

But sure, it could be a seal mink to. Only a DNA-test will tell. I doubt sepia due to the very blue eyes.
That could very well be, because he lives in Montana. When I was young, we had a Siamese, and by the time she was 17, her fur was very very dark.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Showing and Ethical Breeding