What Color/Kind Am I?

darling poodles

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This is my kitty, Snowbell. He is a mix breed but I've always wondered what color he would be called and what his dad possibly was. I know his mom was a tiny calico barn cat but don't have a clue on the dad. He had a black and a orange littermates that had "something" wrong with them and they didn't live. I caught Snowbell when he was just a little guy and I'm sure that's the only reason he survived. Anyway, any guesses on what he is? Here's some pics of him growing up, he is almost 3 now. He has bright blue eyes although you can't see them in most of the pics.
Here he is at about 2 months

About 6 months

About 1 year

About 2

And here he is now ( looking very grumpy, lol) helping with the sewing

jscole

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't know much about cat breeds... but he looks part siamese to me (we had a siamese years ago)... his ears and tail is what is leaning me that way especially in the 3rd pic... I may be way off though... he is gorgeous though

sol

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He's a seal point with white spotting and yes, he resembles the Siamese.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He isn't modern Siamese as his body is quite cobby in comparison, possibly traditional Siamese influence on one half of his parentage due to his body type, but his colour is properly described as Seal Point & White. To me he doesn't look that Siamese because of the shape of his face isn't right for Siamese. The colour can occur in moggies without them being Siamese at all. All colourpoint cats have blue eyes regardless of breed, it's a side effect of the body colouring which is a limited type of albinism.

He is absolutely beautiful

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Seal Point Bicolor - looks a bit like the Snowshoes but with more white. He's cool.
That's what I was thinking... regardless... what a drop-dead handsome boy!

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Epona

He isn't modern Siamese as his body is quite cobby in comparison, possibly traditional Siamese influence on one half of his parentage due to his body type, but his colour is properly described as Seal Point & White. To me he doesn't look that Siamese because of the shape of his face isn't right for Siamese. The colour can occur in moggies without them being Siamese at all. All colourpoint cats have blue eyes regardless of breed, it's a side effect of the body colouring which is a limited type of albinism.

He is absolutely beautiful
We just had a "Siamese" come through our rescue. Our director labeled him as such, though he had that "cobby" body... really looked like an American/domestic short hair but with blue points and of course, blue eyes. He was snatched up in less than a week. I think it helped that he was just a great big sweetie-pie.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

darling poodles

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys!! I think he's beautiful
I appreciate the input as I've always been curious about him

lyrajean

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Methinks Dad might have been a Siamese or other point-colored cat...

Anyways, he's gorgeous.

Looks like a big ham too.

catfur

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't think he is a seal point, I think he is more likely a seal mink, or a seal sepia, his body color is entirely too dark for seal point. I would lean towards seal mink, personally. With white, of course.

sol

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Catfur

I don't think he is a seal point, I think he is more likely a seal mink, or a seal sepia, his body color is entirely too dark for seal point. I would lean towards seal mink, personally. With white, of course.
Seal points can be very dark. The color is temperature dependant and if it's cold the coat of a seal point can becom very dark. And then there's the white spotting that changes the color somewhat to.

But sure, it could be a seal mink to. Only a DNA-test will tell. I doubt sepia due to the very blue eyes.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sol

Seal points can be very dark. The color is temperature dependant and if it's cold the coat of a seal point can becom very dark. And then there's the white spotting that changes the color somewhat to.

But sure, it could be a seal mink to. Only a DNA-test will tell. I doubt sepia due to the very blue eyes.
That could very well be, because he lives in Montana. When I was young, we had a Siamese, and by the time she was 17, her fur was very very dark.