Is my kitty a Ragdoll, if so, what colour would you call him?

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
With the research I did, I know it cannot be for certain with pics only as to telling whether my kitty is indeed a Ragdoll. It does not matter to me, I would just like to know whether I should say Ragdoll, or Ragdoll X. I'm curious mainly for the potential size he will be when he gets older.

The lady I adopted him from said both parents were Ragdolls, no papers.

She sent me pics of the parents: (she did not have pics with there eyes open, but said both had blue eyes)

and here's Kismet: he is 4mos old. What would you call his coloring? I know he is bi-color, but not sure on anything else.

Thanks for any input

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Forensic

Seal point bicolors, pretty sure.

I think without any paperwork you can only say they're likely ragdolls.
Thanks for the input.

I completely understand that without papers I could not call Kizzy a purebred ragdoll, which is fine. I just wanted to find out if he was or wasn't for size
I like the ragdolls for the larger size as well as their looks.

Now that I have an idea for what color he is, I can google it and see what he may look like as he ages

slave2_ragdolls

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
He is a seal Bi-color Ragdoll.....expect 15+ pounds when he is fully grown in 4 years. The males average 5 pounds heavier than the females. 20+ pounds is not all that uncommon if his parents were large. They grow very slow. I have seen and held a 28 pound Ragdoll at a cat show and not be fat. He was massive. Ragdolls and Maine coons are the largest domestic cats

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's got HUGE eyebrows!!!! Very cute!

My Lucky is a Ragdoll too... She is the sweetest cat I have ever had! I have a feeling she is also going to be pretty big - she is 9lbs, 9 months old, and they grown until they are 4 years old... Congratulations again on your girl. By the way: Ragdolls because they are so sweet, they are quite defenseless, and need to be inside cats... Just an FYI.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by carolinalima

He's got HUGE eyebrows!!!! Very cute!

My Lucky is a Ragdoll too... She is the sweetest cat I have ever had! I have a feeling she is also going to be pretty big - she is 9lbs, 9 months old, and they grown until they are 4 years old... Congratulations again on your girl. By the way: Ragdolls because they are so sweet, they are quite defenseless, and need to be inside cats... Just an FYI.
Thank you. Yup, I did my research prior to picking up Kizzy, as soon as the woman said he's a ragdoll I started researching the breed.

Personally, I wanted an indoor cat... aside from the barn cats I had as a child, my Gysmo was strictly indoors as well. Although I do hope I can harness train him, especially since he is going to be larger, I would like to see him get enough exercise.. we have a huge deck that I think he'd enjoy.

Kizzy is underweight I believe. I read here that he should be about 4lbs.... no way. He's maybe 1.5 or a little more. But not 3 or 4 lbs. Plus all I can feel is bones....along his back, his ribs, etc

Once he gets settled in and the health issues are sorted, I'm going to attempt him with a harness