4 teeth pulled 7 to go

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For a long time my teeth looked real bad. Mainly my tops looked real bad my bottom ones not so much. Well a few months back my mom offered to help me get my top teeth fixed, which means a bunch pulled and getting dentures. Well today we started that process.

I had 4 front teeth pulled. That was bad but not as bad as I thought it would be. The worst was getting the novacaine shots because it had to go in that boney ridge behind your teeth. All and all not to bad and I am not in any pain now. I was for a bit right after because the injection sites hurt.

Next Friday I have to go and get 7 more pulled and then we are done with the top teeth. Then I just to wait till after the first to get impressions done for my top plate.

On the bottom not much work has to be done. One a good cleaning and I need 2 fillings. So not much longer I will have a nice smile again.

Bonus for the day I came home and the husband bought me a nice cross necklace. I was shocked and happy.

Well more later I am gonna go and try and eat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Brave? no deperation? yes. I have been wanting to do this for years but because of money issues never been able to. Honestly if it were not for my mom telling me she wanted to this for me and she was paying I would probably not be getting this done.

Right now my other teeth are feeling a little achy. Probaby from as the pulling and today so I will probably not be up much longer.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ping

Brave? no deperation? yes. I have been wanting to do this for years but because of money issues never been able to. Honestly if it were not for my mom telling me she wanted to this for me and she was paying I would probably not be getting this done.

Right now my other teeth are feeling a little achy. Probaby from as the pulling and today so I will probably not be up much longer.
I feel your pain! I had ALL of my top teeth pulled at once!

I waited a while before I got my plate. It made healing easier and gave my gums time to shrink so the plate fits alot better and I don't have to have a million realignments done

Pudding, soup and ice cream were my best friends

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I understand what you're going thru, at least a little bit. I got 5 crowns this year, 4 of them right in front on top. My teeth had always been dingy (even as a child) and just a bit crooked so I was always self conscious about my smile. I feel so much better about the way I look now.
Hope all goes well with the rest of the extractions and the dentures don't give you any problems.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ouch

Hope it doesn't hurt too much. Scrambled eggs are another good one to eat since they are soft, but filling. Mashed potatoes too

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thank you everyone for the well wishes. Its the day after and I am still not hurting. I am shocked about not being in pain but I think a lot of that has to do with the fact that she got them out all in one piece so no broken fragments floating around. At least that is my theroy. I am taking a course of antibotics along with ibuprofen. The antibotics because I has a bit of infection in there, they did not really want to start pulling because of that but decided to start anyways. I have also been doing several warm salt water rinses. She recommended (at least that is what my mom said I never heard that) regular mouth wash rinses but I think that is a little harsh at the moment when I have open exposed spaces.

Anyways I wanted to update ya'll on how I am doing.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hope you heal quickly!

Both DH and I are planning on having this done sometime this next year. We both will require general anethisia as they are going to have to dig some of the teeth that have broken off out of the gums. I will have to take a leave of absence from work to have it done all at once.

We have to wait until DH is approved for disability and starts getting the payments. I have dental insurance but it only pays about half of what it will cost.