Aaaaaggghhhh allergies!!!!!!!

princesssophie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am allergic to cats among other airborne things, have asthma, bunged up nose, mucus, sneezing, itchy red swollen eyes, itchy red chin- im painting such a pretty picture of myself arent i LOL!!! Anyway i take antihistamines daily but im trying to find another one because this one isnt as affective anymore. Any suggestions? Weve got wood flooring throughout our house with a few rugs that i clean an hoover frequently, ive got inhalers i take daily- is there anything else i can try? I want to try an air filter but would love to hear how much of a difference it makes first? Can you get stronger antihistamines from a doctor? I just would like to hear from other sufferers so i can feel less alone in my suffering!!!! Feeling sorry for myself today LOL!!

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by PrincessSophie

I am allergic to cats among other airborne things, have asthma, bunged up nose, mucus, sneezing, itchy red swollen eyes, itchy red chin- im painting such a pretty picture of myself arent i LOL!!! Anyway i take antihistamines daily but im trying to find another one because this one isnt as affective anymore. Any suggestions? Weve got wood flooring throughout our house with a few rugs that i clean an hoover frequently, ive got inhalers i take daily- is there anything else i can try? I want to try an air filter but would love to hear how much of a difference it makes first? Can you get stronger antihistamines from a doctor? I just would like to hear from other sufferers so i can feel less alone in my suffering!!!! Feeling sorry for myself today LOL!!
You MIGHT be able to get stronger meds from a doctor, but most insurances won't cover any part of them because of the availability of OTC allergy medications. However, have you talked to your Dr. recently about your allergies? Maybe he (or she) can guide you to a better OTC medication for your symptoms.

to feel better!!

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
I find Benedryl works great, but some people find it makes them drowsy. I have a few friends who've had great luck with the shots, but I've not tried them myself. If you haven't done so for this time of year, try changing your furnace filters - you can get ones specifically for pet dander and I've found they make a world of difference