Water Fountains?

misskittykat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I would like to get Miss Kitty a Water Fountain for part of her Christmas gift this year.

Would you guys mind posting what kinds you have and a link if possible?

Thanks
Jen & Miss Kitty

althekitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
http://www.ukpetsupplies.com/Details...3&ParentId=509

This is the one that we have, it is the Petmate Deluxe Fresh Flow Waterer.
It is great as it keeps the water the right temperature and it is flowing all of the time. I buy the filter replacements and that is all that I need to do. I wash it out properly every week. My cat loves it although he still has a bowl of water that he uses too.

followedbydolls

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We have the drinkwell platinum, it actually pours the water out like a proper fountain.

Everybody likes it, including the small dog lol

not sure of a link, but we bought ours at petsmart.

katgoddess

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Curious...have any of you actually observed a definite increase in water drinking after introducing a water fountain to your cats?

My cat gets plenty of moisture in his diet and he quite likes the water bowl as well and I've been considering buying a fountain for him if maybe he'll drink even more.

followedbydolls

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KatGoddess

Curious...have any of you actually observed a definite increase in water drinking after introducing a water fountain to your cats?

My cat gets plenty of moisture in his diet and he quite likes the water bowl as well and I've been considering buying a fountain for him if maybe he'll drink even more.
Yes. they actually like playing with it
and thus end up drinking more...i admit it's a pain to clean out but they use it over the other standard bowls throughout the house, so it has been well liked.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

misskittykat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for the suggestions... we have a petsmart and petco about 15mi from here I think *after* Christmas I will price them and buy one. I always Santa Paws shop after the holidays... great deals on stuff for all my furkids.

Jen

darlili

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Drinkwell Platinum - we all love it. I did notice both my cats drinking more after I got the fountain, although I always changed their old water bowls twice a day with fresh water. I just use distilled water (a gallon lasts a week so far) and clean once a week - after you do it two or three times, you can get through the process very quickly and easily. I got mine at Petsmart. They do go on sale every so often.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a "Pet Mate"

http://www.ferretdepot.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=45249

I absolutely love it. Abby took to it right away. Chynna was freaked out by it and refused to use it until just recently. Now both of them use it.

It's so easy to put together:

1. Stick the adapter to the bottom.

2. Rinse the filter under cold water and drop into the slot

3. Fill up the blue reservoir with water

4. Fill up the white bowl and filter area with water

6. Turn the blue reservoir upside down and put it into the bowl

7. Put on the top

8. Plug in.

So far as cleaning goes, I clean it out once a week with soap and water. It takes me less than 5 minutes total from the time I unplug it to the time I get it refilled and plugged back in.

I had the option of getting this one:

http://www.petplanet.co.uk/shop_dev/...r_fountain.jpg

But I decided that it would mean having to clean up a bunch of slimy saliva from them licking the dome.

With the Pet Mate the cat has a choice of drinking from the bowl or from the water flowing down from the filter.

And it's 100% noiseless. The only time it makes noise is when it needs to be replenished with water. The sound it makes then is a soft sucking sound like you get when you try to drink up the dregs from the bottom of a glass with a straw.