Please Help

sonson

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm sorry to bother everyone here, but I really don't know where else to go.

For the past day and a half now, my cat seems to have been having problems eating and going poo. He vomits several times a day, which tells me he's not keeping his food and water down. And now lately, he can't seem to use the litterbox, either.

When he tries, he makes several loud, high pitched sounds that sound kind of like a pained bark or something. He sounds like he's in so much pain when he tries to go poo. He also constantly makes little growls and pained noises, and he also licks his butthole constantly, as if he knows something is wrong with it.

I'm really worried about him, but I don't know what to do. Unfortunately, I have no money and I can't drive, so I can't take him to the vet. My parents don't want to take him to the vet, because the claim we can't afford it.

Does anyone here know what could be wrong with him? Is there some way to help him? He's my only friend and I don't want to wake up one day only to find out he had died. Every time he makes those noises like he's in so much pain, I feel like crying.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry!!! It sounds to me maybe his anal glands are infected? You got to take him to the vet....
Try VCA Animal Hospitals - They have coupons online for a location close to you (depending where you live), for a free first time consult. Everything is covered; besides the meds...
Here is the link:
http://www.vcapets.com/
I took Lucky to them, and it was great... The vet is super sweet, and she even called today to check on how Lucky is doing... God - I hope they have one close to you!

Is there asnybody who can drive you? Can your parents lend you their car?? Where do you live?

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Your cat is in distress and there is no other option but to get your cat to a vet ASAP. This is an emergency situation. Do you work? Do you have relatives around you that can drive you? It is a possibilty that your vet can work out a payment arrangment, but something absolutely needs to be done ASAP for this kitty.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sonson

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you all for responding so quickly.

I don't work and I don't drive, so no, I have no way to get anywhere. My parents just don't care enough to seem to want to take him to the vet, as they always use the excuse that they can't afford it every time something is wrong with my cat.

He's always gotten better on his own before, but this time it seems really serious. I'm scared for him.

I'll look into that free place you all have mentioned. If it's close to where I live (I live in Florida, by the way) I'll tell my parents about it. If it doesn't cost anything, obviously they can't use that excuse anymore. Hopefully they'll agree to take him, then.

Thank you all again. I hope it works

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sonson

Thank you all for responding so quickly.

I don't work and I don't drive, so no, I have no way to get anywhere. My parents just don't care enough to seem to want to take him to the vet, as they always use the excuse that they can't afford it every time something is wrong with my cat.

He's always gotten better on his own before, but this time it seems really serious. I'm scared for him.

I'll look into that free place you all have mentioned. If it's close to where I live (I live in Florida, by the way) I'll tell my parents about it. If it doesn't cost anything, obviously they can't use that excuse anymore. Hopefully they'll agree to take him, then.

Thank you all again. I hope it works
On my second post I sent you the coupon - print it and take it with you. It will be free. PLEASE go ASAP.... Call a friend to drive you, an uncle, an aunt... worst case scenario call the SPCA and sign the kitty to them - it won't be yours anymore, but at least it won't die suffering.

sonson

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well, I've showed them this, and begged them to take my cat to there, but they still refused. They said even if the checkup is free, actually fixing the problem won't be, and they don't have the money to spend on that.

I don't know what else to do, and now my parents just seem to be getting fed up with him, since he keeps vomiting everywhere and making noises. I just don't know what to do.

Thank you for trying to help, though. I appriciate it

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Please ask them to drive you and your cat to the nearest no-kill shelter to give up your cat in order for it to get needed medical attention.

If you do not surrender your cat and just do nothing, you cat is going to die a very slow, painful death. The kindest thing you can do is surrender him so he can get help.

Please, with parents like yours, do not get another pet until you are independent enough to be able to pay for and care for it should it need medical attention.

Please don't think I'm blaming you - I'm not. I'm really upset with your parents though. I honestly do not understand how anyone can sit by and watch any animal suffer and that is exactly what your cat is doing.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If no adult in your situation will help you, call your local Humane Society, ASPCA chapter - something - and surrender the animal immediately so it can get medical attention NOW! It sounds like it might have a bowel obstruction... probably from something it ate. That is a death sentence if not treated immediately!

darlili

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for you - I'm not sure how old you are, but if it's hard for you to call the humane society or local shelter from home, can you ask a teacher or counselor to call with you from school? I feel terrible for you, and I know it can be hard to stand up to family, but you have to be strong and brave for your cat, even if your parents don't seem to want to what's right for him.

Prayers for you and your baby - you have such a good heart. Somehow your parents raised a great child - too bad they won't help you with your cat.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please, please listen to all of us... I am sorry about what is happening, but time is of the essence if you want your cat to live. You need to surrender your cat to ASPCA, or to a no kill shelter. ASPCA will pick your cat up, treat him, and find him a home where he can be healthy and happy. If he stays at your house, he is going to die. I am sorry to say this, but doing nothing on this situation is ANIMAL CRUELTY. If your parents can't do the right thing, please be the responsible one in the house and do it yourself... For the life of your beloved kitty...

darlili

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
any update on this? I still feel so badly for this cat and his loving parent.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

Please ask them to drive you and your cat to the nearest no-kill shelter to give up your cat in order for it to get needed medical attention.

If you do not surrender your cat and just do nothing, you cat is going to die a very slow, painful death. The kindest thing you can do is surrender him so he can get help.
Please surrender your cat to the shelter so he can get the help he needs. If he has a blockage he will die, and it will be extreme agony for him. We're not blaming you. I understand that you can't force your parents to do anything but this kitty needs help and fast.

A no-kill shelter will be able to help him. Even if he was humanely euthanized it would be better than letting him suffer.

sonson

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I do have an update on what's happening, but I'm kind of scared to post it here. It makes my parents seem like monsters

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I do have an update on what's happening, but I'm kind of scared to post it here. It makes my parents seem like monsters
We know you are not responsible for what your parents do, but your kitty truly does need help. Please don't let him suffer.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Please if he can still be helped, you can look on petfinder.org and put in your zip code for local rescue groups in your area, to get on the phone and start calling to get them to come pick him up, please. If he is still alive please call them.

maxiecat03

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Your parents don't care for this cat, or perhaps any animal. That's a fact.
Many folks here have given you a way to help your poor suffering cat. Please give them the courtesy of response by trying YOUR best to help your cat.....surely if the cat is still alive at this point, you can make a phone call to help.

You cared enough to tell us the problem, care enough to try to get help, exclusive of your parents' feelings.

If your cat has passed away, he is not suffering any more. For that, you can feel relieved.

the_food_lady

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

Please tell us, what is the update? Many here are concerned about this kitty, and you too.........so can you please tell us?

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I would guess your folks are plain country people who grew up with parents that didn't typically have "pets" per se. On the farm we had animals, but they weren't really pets - they all had jobs to do and vets were only called in extreme emergencies. I doubt your parents are monsters - more likely just uneducated in regards to how seriously sick your cat is. That doesn't make you or them bad or monsters.

Just know that we are all hoping for a good outcome for your cat as we really do care about what happens to each and every animal that crosses our paths.

darlili

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sweetheart, monsters couldn't have raised such a good child - it can be what Yosemite said. A lot of people just don't understand pets that way we do. In any event, you are not a monster.

Prayers for you and your cat, and your family as well.