Glitch in Mahjong Connect game

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I enjoy playing Mahjong Connect in the Cat Games, but I've come across a glitch that is a bit irritating. When I click on "hint" it will frequently highlight two unmatched tiles. Occasionally only a single tile will be highlighted, and a couple of times no tiles were highlighted. Has anybody else had this problem? I could be my computer. I've found that a number of the games don't work well with a Mac.

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It will tell you two unmatched tiles are matched if the match is inside i.e. no tiles are free, but they two tiles are right next to each other so you can still match them. I hope that made sense....

2dogmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes I've seen that too - it's like it is trying to tell you there is a "no-brainer" in there somewhere that you are overlooking. Once you find the super easy ones and click them it goes back to normal.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Sounds like it's just the way the game works, so I guess I just have to put up with it.
If I get too irritated with it I can always quit playing and do something more constructive with my time.

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I find that I am hopelessly addicted to that Mahjong Connect game.

The problem that I have with it is that sometimes if I use all my hints, then it will quit early instead of letting me have the rest of the time.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by WELDRWOMN

I find that I am hopelessly addicted to that Mahjong Connect game.

The problem that I have with it is that sometimes if I use all my hints, then it will quit early instead of letting me have the rest of the time.
That's normal. It uses up one of your hints if it has to reshuffle. If you've used them all and there are no more matching tiles, the game ends.

Both DH and I are addicted to that game.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't understand that game at all. Sometimes I manage to get 2 tiles to vanish, but most of the time, nothing happens. And the rules/explanation are in Japanese so that doesn't help.