TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat will eat a whole salad if allowed

telynn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That kitty doesn't just like it. That kitty lurves it. So cute when he/she is flapping the little paws around trying to get hold of it.

vampcow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
moo loves veggies....esp zucchini!

I told my vet and he petted my cat on the head and said "what is with you? you are a cat you are supposed to like meat! What are you a vegan cat?" he then turned to me and gave me his offical opinion...it came to... "you have a weird cat"

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a vegetarian cat - by choice - many years ago... It was a domestic short hair, and I rescued it as it was drowning in the rain; he was 1-2 days old... We bottle fed him, and when it was time to introduce him to meat, he didn't eat. We would make a plate for him with meat, rice and veggies, and he would ONLY eat the veggies... So, by his choice, his food ended up being broccoli, potatoes, zucchini (his favorite), carrots, etc. steamed vegetables, day in, day out! I know he was a freak of nature, but Ze Miguel (his name) was the healthiest, and most active cat I have ever had.
Cats are weird!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats will want anything we're eating. It must be far superior to their food since we're eating it, right?

Case in point - I put the ingredients in the crock pot earlier for a stew. I gave each cat a small piece of stew meat. I was also making cookies. They wanted the cookie dough instead.

So it's just "Whatever you have is better" rule, it also applies to feeding multiple cats and the cats who think another cat has better food in their dish.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ari and others here like lettuce and I know SillyJilly's Kitters likes broccoli, too.

He is a cutie grabbing for that floret!

chadsgirl374

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sunny is always "supervising" any activity I'm involved in (especially in the kitchen). He always likes a little nibble of meat but last night he was looking at me longingly while I was slicing lettuce. I leaned down to him to give him a piece of lettuce and he took a look at it
(it was a look of sheer terror) and ran off at close to 90 miles an hour. No vegetables for Sunny.

vampcow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by chadsgirl374

Sunny is always "supervising" any activity I'm involved in (especially in the kitchen). He always likes a little nibble of meat but last night he was looking at me longingly while I was slicing lettuce. I leaned down to him to give him a piece of lettuce and he took a look at it
(it was a look of sheer terror) and ran off at close to 90 miles an hour. No vegetables for Sunny.
LOL!!!! THat is like my Tilly!! She gets upset if I'm making veggies!!

Why is it that they feel the NEED to get underfoot in the kitchen? I have a tiny kitchen and I cant even go in to get a glass of water...if I even head in that direction I have two cats RUNNING from all corners of the apartment to get to the kitchen!

Cooking is always fun because moo jumps up on the counters and puts his head in everything and tries to lick it. while tilly sharks around my ankles squeaking and trying to climb up my leg. Ahh but I wouldn't have it anyother way.

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I might try offering some broccoli to Miss Bella. She loves her pot of grass and she will demolish celery leaves.

She loves my salad too, but not to eat...she knocks a leaf on the ground and bats it around the kitchen floor

That kitten was really cute

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cute kitty!!

I don't think my cats have ever tried broccoli Abby doesn't care much for people food at all. She will give the odd thing a lick or two but won't eat it. Chynna on the other hand loves most everything, including green olives and pickles.