Ever have so much to do you feel like your going to shut down?

sillyitiliangrl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm there... right now. I just deleted a paper I finished 2 weeks ago (i accdidentily saved over it with another paper) I have literly 6 papers to do and two presenatations BY WEDNESDAY NIGHT. I am soooooo overwhelmed right now!

Anyone else ever done this to themselves?

EDIT:

Sorry mods, I could have sworn I posted this in the loung! (see I told you my mind is shutting down!)

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Arggh!!! Do you have any hard copy anywhere (notes etc)?
I know the feeling.

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't worry, I'm in the same boat sort of. Just thinking about what needs to be done in the next week is so overwhelming and I've cried over it too. I'm so stressed that I can't focus on getting things done. And not getting things done is stressing me out. I've been eating a ton of chocolate.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I haven't been a student in awhile, so the paper thing is not what I think of right away.

I have always been in stressful jobs where you were juggling more than 1 thing at a time. I pretty much always had more than 1 client/customer at a time.

The worst was when I in charge of 2 Beta customers for a software package from the company I worked for was released with so many bugs it was not even funny. The customers were in NYC and I am in CA. I spent the entire week in NY. They both had my phone numbers and would call me on the weekends. Our daughter turned 6 and I had no idea where 5 went.

I couldn't take it anymore. I found an opportunity implementing the software that the company sold that worked near my home. I still was working all hours but it seemed more manageable.

So, there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Back up your files every night to the network you use.

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All I can tell you is to stop, think of what is most urgent, and do it. Just take it one step at a time. It will eventually all fall in place even when you think it just won't.

I used to do this all the time when I was in school. Just put one foot in front of the other.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Duchess15

All I can tell you is to stop, think of what is most urgent, and do it. Just take it one step at a time. It will eventually all fall in place even when you think it just won't.
Absolutely need to prioritize things for yourself! I recall reading about an efficiency study where they had people trying to juggle multiple things at one time. The average person could juggle something like 5 things (plus or minus 2) and still be efficient. After that, nothing they did got done right.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sillyitiliangrl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I'd like to say that I've gotten 4.5 of the papers done (3 were observation wright ups)

This semester has be super rough for me with working full time and going to school full time and the wedding. Its nice that it will all calm down right in time for the holidays!

vampcow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
wow!! Goodluck
I hate computers....but its ok My dear fiance did that to one of my papers the night before it was due..he managed to copy over my paper....so sending oyu good computer vibes

Its ok....I know you will survive...it will be like senior year again!

if it makes you feel ANY better...I get to expereince the SAME time crunch in the spring...with going to grad school full time, working, planning a wedding, taking the orchestra to Disney, more surgery AND AND AND BUYING A HOUSE!! WAHOOOO!!!!

I know...you should just commit me now!

but seriously if you need anything just give me a call...yeah I have the pics...I just need to figure out why my computer is being stupid about sending them to you.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you happen to have Vista? If you right click on the file it may have 'restore previous version' as a choice (make sure you resave the 2nd file with a new name first) or File > Versions if its in Word, you may be able to get it back

But in answer to your original post, I often feel like I have so much on my plate that I am going to shut down. I have spent this week playing catch up with paperwork and sending xmas gifts etc

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sillyitiliangrl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

Do you happen to have Vista? If you right click on the file it may have 'restore previous version' as a choice (make sure you resave the 2nd file with a new name first) or File > Versions if its in Word, you may be able to get it back
I do have Vista, and I tried that... but it was too late when I discovered that option

Thanks for the advice though!