New Nick Names

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK, so we recently had a big thread about nick names we give our cats. Jordan just got a new one last week for running out the door twice in 5 minuets, then getting mad at me because it was snowing and cold. He apparently does not like cold wet paws, and believes I am in control of the weather outside.

SO he got a new nick name. He's my little Rum Cake! It started out as caling him a Rummy (instead of dummy), and somehow turned into Rum Cake.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who creates these crazy names all the time.

mobius

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Roxy got the nickname 'Roxanne' after the Police song. She answered to both.

Touche got the name Terror Cat after scaring the crap out of some college
kid who came to the door selling magazine subscriptions. Lately though,
I've been calling her 'Spoiled brat cat' after watching a Looney Toons one
night (not much else on at 3am besides infomercials) where Sylvester is
trying to teach his son to catch a mouse. That has been shortened to 'Brat'
the past few weeks or so.

naia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My bf's mom's cat's name is Ox. I started calling him Oxy, and then Oxy became Oxy-poops. Now he's Poopiehead. Don't ask me where I got it from, lol.

Pooch has tons of nicknames. We call him Booboos, and then it got shortened to Boobs. Lately though I've been calling him Babyboo, but we call him Boobs on a regular basis.

cocoa cream

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My kittens usually just get extra syllables added to their names so far:
Maggie aka Maggie-pie
Max aka Maxers or Maxy-poo
Molly aka Molly-moo

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mojo's newest nickname is Stinker - because she is a stinker and she makes big stinkers in the litterbox.

Annie has now become Annie-Bear. I don't know why. Just sounded right, I guess.

The rest haven't gotten any new names in a long time.

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor ReeRee has been called Mimi for a couple months now....he doesn't like it very much.
I called him reeree the other day and he meowed and came RUNNING.
It was so sad....I am trying not to call him Mimi anymore.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fifi1puss

Poor ReeRee has been called Mimi for a couple months now....he doesn't like it very much.
I called him reeree the other day and he meowed and came RUNNING.
It was so sad....I am trying not to call him Mimi anymore.
I'm always amazed that my cats seem to know who I am talking to despite the fact that I rarely call them by their names and change nick names so often. For Levi, BigBoy has stuck his whole life because he LOVE it when I call him BigBoy and will come running. Jordan knows he is Cuddle Bug, Maggie knows she is Princess, and Isaac will only respond to his name.

salix

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sam is always Sammysam, or Sir Poops-a-lot
Mica has recently been dubbed Mica-pizza by my mother, and I call Mala Farty-Fur (cause she was the worlds stinkiest kitten
) and sister pruneface, dunno why, but I was watching brides of christ and it stuck.

klaidman

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Celine has been dubbed Ci Ci
Jasmine has been dubbed Spazmin only because she spazzes at the horses when their in the field

hesster

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't make up a lot of new nicknames, but both of mine have at least one.

Gizmo = Giz
Willow = Willers, Willowmena, or sometimes Willow the Pillow.

miss purrypot

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I once heard a Hungarian proverb that says "A loved child has many names." The same DEFINITELY applies to kitties! Ours have nicknames so bizarre that even we forget exactly why they came about. Good thing they pretty much respond to the sound of our voices!

Omar: O, OK, Most Precious Black-and-White, Ever, Mr. Muzzle, Tiny Tiny Pie (don't even ask), O-Pie, Mit Mit (used for both kitties--???)

Clementine: Clem, Blue Girl, Meezey, Meezey Weezey, SiamIam, Miss Muzzle, Mit Mit.

. . .And the list goes on!!

Good thing they love us, despite our insanity. I guess they've made a pact to just let our weirdness slide.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG.....Maia has so many nick names! Squirtel, Squirt, Boobee, Boopers, Jellybean, Bambino, and so many more!
Even our new adopted baby has quickly become Button or Bella button as in belly button (her name is Bella)!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Miss Purrypot

I once heard a Hungarian proverb that says "A loved child has many names." The same DEFINITELY applies to kitties! Ours have nicknames so bizarre that even we forget exactly why they came about. Good thing they pretty much respond to the sound of our voices!

Omar: O, OK, Most Precious Black-and-White, Ever, Mr. Muzzle, Tiny Tiny Pie (don't even ask), O-Pie, Mit Mit (used for both kitties--???)

Clementine: Clem, Blue Girl, Meezey, Meezey Weezey, SiamIam, Miss Muzzle, Mit Mit.

. . .And the list goes on!!

Good thing they love us, despite our insanity. I guess they've made a pact to just let our weirdness slide.
I'm just so glad to hear I'm not the only one that comes up with strange names sometimes of unknow origin. Jordan gets a lot of nick names because he's always doing something goofy. He is still my "PUUDD" Short for Puddin' Pop.

keycube

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Bayliss is affectionately called "Chunky-chunk" at times because, well, his extreme cobbiness makes him seem rather disproportionate at times.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My kitty's name is Kismet: it means fate/destiny.

It gets shortened down to Kizzy.
After last night, I found a new one.

Laptop Kizzy. (laptop kitty) since he seems to thoroughly enjoy my laptop

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, the "old" crew still have the same nicknames, but I now have nicknames for the newer members:

Salem's nicknames are Stubby, Stubbettes, Witchy-poo, & Grumpy.

Ricochet's are Fuzzbutt, Bigfoot, & Winchester Jr.

Jinx's are Jinxy, Jinxy-do, Bambi, Itty-Bitty, & Itty-Bitty Dolly.

Cassidy's are Hop-A-Long, & StinkyButt.

Chiquita's are Slim, Curious Georgette, & the Furminator.

Some day, they're gonna come and lock me up.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Scooter is often called Scooter Pie, but when he is bad we call him Poot. He hates that, and will meow loudly back when you call him that.
Fluffy is Miss Fluffy Butt, and she tosses her head like a girl tossing her hair when you call her that. It is so cute. We were going to name her Polly Prissypants, (we watch waaay to much South Park) but she hissed when we called her that. So we named her Fluffy after Eric Cartman's cat.

cats4sky

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
omg..i thought i was the only one who created all kinds of nicknames for my cats....Sabastian hes 13, his nicknames are: bastian, baswa, fatty, sir-fats-alot, sir-fatty, sa-bas-tard....then Nipper, hes 3 but i just got him a few months ago...so far: nip-nip, nipawa, and my newest addition a 5 month old himalayan, her name is Princess, and nicknames so far are: little critter, princy, primadonna.....

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
After I posted on the last thread I started paying more attention to what I actually call my kitties.

In addition to the ones already noted, Lion is Bubba, Tiger, and Puppy Dog.

At various times they each get called Putty Tat, Baby Cat, and Cutie Cat.

Collectively they are Putty Tatzes or Silly Katzes.