Going to be a Great Aunt!

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As of sometime the middle of January, I will become the great aunt to a little girl named Alyeson Kendall......and I find myself getting quite excited! You see, when I married hub, with the age difference between us, his neices and nephews are all my age, or just a few years younger......except for one, who was born in September of 1987, the same year I graduated from high school. With us not having kids, she's been the closest thing to a daughter that we have, and now in a little over a month, she will be having her own wee bundle of joy........which means Aunt Cindy can dig out all the heirloom and cute baby clothes patterns that I've stuck away......'cuz I know Jess well enough to know that she's gonna dress this kid like a baby doll......and you know what? I just can't wait, lol!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
you're just not old enough to be a great-aunt! i am, but i'm not one, yet.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittenKrazy

As of sometime the middle of January, I will become the great aunt to a little girl named Alyeson Kendall......and I find myself getting quite excited! You see, when I married hub, with the age difference between us, his neices and nephews are all my age, or just a few years younger......except for one, who was born in September of 1987, the same year I graduated from high school. With us not having kids, she's been the closest thing to a daughter that we have, and now in a little over a month, she will be having her own wee bundle of joy........which means Aunt Cindy can dig out all the heirloom and cute baby clothes patterns that I've stuck away......'cuz I know Jess well enough to know that she's gonna dress this kid like a baby doll......and you know what? I just can't wait, lol!
I never had kids but I marrief into a large family and now have about ten nephews and nieces abd like twenty grandnephews and granndnieces. We always take them places and treat them as our childre. The arrangement works great . And all our nephews etc. all coming over to spend the day with Uncle Lee & Aunt Sharifeh.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

you're just not old enough to be a great-aunt! i am, but i'm not one, yet.
Lol....that's not nearly as bad as what I said about it!
The fun thing is, my husband is 51, 11 years older than me, and he's the baby of the family. His oldest neice is a year younger than me, and the youngest one before the one who's expecting is three years younger than me....actually I've been a great aunt for a long time now, but we rarely ever see any of the other "greats". I've often kidded Jessica that if I had gotten started earlier, she could possibly have been my kid, I was 21 when we married, she was 2, so I've watched her grow up more so than the other neices and nephews......and probably will the "grand" too, I hope!