Got to love Wisconsin weather

algebrapro18

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well my car wasn't done this weekend and won't be until next weekend and were supposed to get 6 inches of snow after an ice storm tomorrow...I love this state so much some times...anyone want to move down to Miami with me and become a beach bum?

Honestly its supposed to snow every day for the next 10 days...why do I live in this state?

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I have heard Wisconsin has great cheese
! I would love to move to Florida, there is all year work in my industry there. I constantly question how the heck I got myself trapped in NYC as a garden design/landscaper!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by algebrapro18

Honestly its supposed to snow every day for the next 10 days...why do I live in this state?
you got me - we got our first real snow in YEARS last spring... probably won't get any this year.

however, we do get ice almost every year...

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cheylink

Well I have heard Wisconsin has great cheese
! I would love to move to Florida, there is all year work in my industry there. I constantly question how the heck I got myself trapped in NYC as a garden design/landscaper!
Try to work as a landscaper in Wisconsin
The ground froze mid November already! Many landscapers keep busy doing snow removal-not me though.

We are supposed to get 12 inches by Wed morning-Yikes!!
We are flipping a coin to see who drives the 4WD truck tomorrow.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by algebrapro18

Well my car wasn't done this weekend and won't be until next weekend and were supposed to get 6 inches of snow after an ice storm tomorrow...I love this state so much some times...anyone want to move down to Miami with me and become a beach bum?

Hmmmm Beach Bum you say...Well let's see, I just took the garbage out here in my little home town in Ontario and the the temperature was -27C (-16F) that doesn't sound like such a bad idea..

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll go be a beach bum!
I am so not looking forward to the next 2 days.
They said 3"-7" today and another 1"-4" tomorrow for our area.
I love Wisconsin, but I'm already looking forward to spring. My DH on the other hand, is counting the days until he can try out skiing for the first time since he was a teen. My sister is just across the river in Minnesota and they said 10" of snow for her area today.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well at least I'm in the part of the state that is supposed to get the least amount of snow this week. I was thinking last week, that I wanted to move to Utah and work at Best Friends (an animal rescue) more now than ever. I don't mind snow, I can handle the cold but this snow for a day, then get super cold for 3 days, snow for a day, then get cold, is starting to bug me already this year. It's only the 2nd week in December and it's already like late January early February.

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I hear ya. I'm not looking forward to it either. I have a friend who lives in Florida and she said she had to actually put socks on the other day because it was cold. LMAO But she did move down there to get away from snow.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

algebrapro18

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If it was just snow, that wouldn't bug me that much, its the ice that really worries me. After last year's ice storms and falling as much as I did(2 really bad falls, but nothing broken) I'm almost petrefied to go outside now. I'm the idiot you see walking at like 1/2 mile an hour on the side walks because i don't want to fall. Our grounds crew on campus is horrible...6 of my close friends had broken bones(arms or legs) from falling last year...and though its gotten a little better they still scrape off all the snow and leave all the ice for us to slip on.

I wish I lived a little further north where there getting a foot of snow but no ice, I can drive in that. They are predicting about 1/4 of an inch of glare ice by the end of the day and I have to drive home at midnight from work...if I even go in. I don't start working until 8 PM tonight so we will see if I manage to get there and back safely. They give us about 30 dollars in coupons for making it in to the office in bad weather and if I have perfect attendence they give me a free turkey next week so I am thinking about trying to make it in, but with out the car I'm used to I'm a little worried and stressed.

The beach bum thing comes up around this time every year, I have finals starting next week and with 36 hours worth of part time(yeah right) work this week I don't know when I am going to study for the exams I have this week and finals next week. Being a beach bum there are no tests, no quizes, no papers. You just have to worry about catching enough to survive, and having a decent shelter. Yep that sounds like a pretty good life right about now.