quick question...

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
...is it alright for a cat to prefer to eat vegetables off my plate, rather than eat there own wet cat food?

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't let my cat eat off of my plate for any reason but if she would rather have some freshly cooked vegies I would give her some.

In her own bowl.... away from the dining table.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess, I'd give my kitties some if they wanted some, depending on what they were cooked with, spice wise I mean. If they were just steamed, then sure, I'd let them have a little bit.

shopcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
When my Tucker was a kitten, he would eat anything, including corn & green beans-I would give him small portions on a seperate plate-I never encourage "begging" behavior. eventually he grew out of that, I'm lucky if I can get my picky little boy to eat tuna!

naia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
None of my cats like the veggies. If they liked it though, I would give them some, depending on what spices I used to cook it. Pooch and Kelly love meat, and we usually give them a little every meal, also depending on spices.

Some cats just like to eat what's not theirs. That's why they're always sniffing at other cats/people's food. At least that's how my cats are.

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thai will eat nothing and I mean NOTHING but cat food...commercial cat food. He won't eat fish, chicken, turkey, or beef that has been freshly cooked. He wants to take a sniff of anything we eat, but will not eat anything but cat food. Spud is a junk food kitty. He likes chips and cheetos, bacon, and what ever meat he can beg off of us. What a difference...Thai won't even eat kitty treats. PICKY!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sibohan2005

I don't let my cat eat off of my plate for any reason but if she would rather have some freshly cooked vegies I would give her some.

In her own bowl.... away from the dining table.
i never meant they ate off my plate...

Originally Posted by jugen

I guess, I'd give my kitties some if they wanted some, depending on what they were cooked with, spice wise I mean. If they were just steamed, then sure, I'd let them have a little bit.
yeh, the vegetables were just steamed.

Originally Posted by ShopCat

When my Tucker was a kitten, he would eat anything, including corn & green beans-I would give him small portions on a seperate plate-I never encourage "begging" behavior. eventually he grew out of that, I'm lucky if I can get my picky little boy to eat tuna!
i don't encourage begging...my cat's are very good when it comes to our eating times, they'll often just sit & watch.

Originally Posted by Naia

None of my cats like the veggies. If they liked it though, I would give them some, depending on what spices I used to cook it. Pooch and Kelly love meat, and we usually give them a little every meal, also depending on spices.

Some cats just like to eat what's not theirs. That's why they're always sniffing at other cats/people's food. At least that's how my cats are.
it's strange though...because Sparkle loves meat, she just always goes for the vegetables first!

Originally Posted by spudsmom

Thai will eat nothing and I mean NOTHING but cat food...commercial cat food. He won't eat fish, chicken, turkey, or beef that has been freshly cooked. He wants to take a sniff of anything we eat, but will not eat anything but cat food. Spud is a junk food kitty. He likes chips and cheetos, bacon, and what ever meat he can beg off of us. What a difference...Thai won't even eat kitty treats. PICKY!!
aww!

darlili

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can see the veggies, without spices as a treat - but not instead of their wet food - at least as far are nutrients go. Neither of mine like people veggies - my girl loves plain chicken or turkey, though, and looks like she wants my gyros at times.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by darlili

I can see the veggies, without spices as a treat - but not instead of their wet food - at least as far are nutrients go. Neither of mine like people veggies - my girl loves plain chicken or turkey, though, and looks like she wants my gyros at times.
when i do feed Sparkle her wet food, she will eat some then she'll stop. she seems to prefer her dry food. do you think it's maybe the brand of wet food? the brand i buy though, she's had since she came off kitten food, & she's always eaten it before.