Bonnie's baby pictures--Introducing the Bumfuzz family

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I thought I should start a new thread for viewing these new pictures. I hope that is ok to do.

My camera is old and doesn't handle up close pictures well, so some may still be blurry.

Bonnie kept me up all night crying. I tried figuring out what was wrong, she come in and out of the bed, she would go in and out of the room, all the while crying. Today, she decided her babies belonged in my bed under the covers...NOT going to happen Bonnie. I laid with her as she nursed them and seemed very happy to be there. She only moved one, I moved the rest.

Hubby and I went downstairs and found the covered cat bed/teepee looking thing and put it beside my pillow. I just checked on her and she's still in there, it's nice and warm and the babies are all sleeping...let's see if she's more comfortable there.

Ok, now for the pictures LOL

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are so cute! I didn't know you could touch them when they are so little...

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ut0pia

I was picking up Salem's babies from the very beginning. I even had to "help" deliver one of them, b/c she was born breech. It's okay to do, as long as Momma allows it.

Those babies are just adorable!
I love their colors & markings. It almost makes me want to have babies in the house again.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have always touched kittens right from birth. There is no problem doing it if the mom is ok with it. I only hold the kittens while Mom is watching, just to show her she can trust me and they won't be taken away. The sooner you socialize the better the kittens will be as they grow. It is also good to handle them and weigh them daily, doing this will help in seeing problems if they arise. I haven't weighed the babies yet today...been a busy day so far.

Bonnie really is doing wonderfully in her new "bed" with them and there is no more crying. She is comfortable and kittens seem so content.

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh wow I had no idea I thought the mommy would stop taking care of them if she smells a human on them..that's cool that you can touch them so young

jscole

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
oh geeze, they are the cutest little things EVER!!! I
kittens... but I have to say that the little orange one is probably my fave

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
He's a cutie for sure...he looks more cream than orange in person though. He's a boob hog and it's hilarious to watch him. He is the biggest of them all at the moment. I checked and am pretty sure he's a boy

Their heads are red, cuz they're a little bald up top LOL

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ok, good grief, the black kitten has one of it's eyes wide open. They're 2 days old!!! Now, this happened with my last litter, day and a half and one kitten had both eyes open, all 8 kittens had their eyes open at 3 days old.

I am having a funny feeling that because Bob was the father of the first litter, and father of this litter that it's in his genes that is causing this. Don't know what else would cause this...it's not normal for them to be open this early.

lele

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by skewch

Ok, good grief, the black kitten has one of it's eyes wide open. They're 2 days old!!! Now, this happened with my last litter, day and a half and one kitten had both eyes open, all 8 kittens had their eyes open at 3 days old.

I am having a funny feeling that because Bob was the father of the first litter, and father of this litter that it's in his genes that is causing this. Don't know what else would cause this...it's not normal for them to be open this early.
My sphynx kittens usually open their eyes on days 3 and four. I have read on the web that shorter haired kittens will open their eyes much earlier than long hair kittens with persian sometimes not opening their eyes until day 14. Being that they are rex and sphynx, I guess they would open theirs much earlier than the norm of 7 to 10 days.

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well, that explains it then, however the last litter were normal coated kittens. At any rate, at least I don't need to freak out LOL

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All my Cornish kittens opened their eyes around 5 days old - not sooner. I hope that doesn't mean eye problems! Two/three days is very soon.

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The eye looks totally normal and clear. There wasn't any problems with the last litter either, so I'm not expecting problems this time. I just found it strange for them to start this early....I guess it's not all that strange afterall

klaidman

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ut0pia

I too had to help deliver babies. Snow had some troubles delivering. I was have been handling the kittens from birth. Unfortunately only 2 of the 5 have survived.

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I didn't have to help Bonnie deliver, I WANTED to help her deliver. I ensured the sacs were immediately removed from their faces and she did the rest. I ensured all placentas were delivered as well. I let her digest 2 of them, the other 2 I discarded after I cut the cords.. She really seemed to be happy I was there to coach her and give her praise and comfort.

Klaidman, I am so sorry for the loss of the three babies. It's hard to see that situation...I've seen it before, when I was younger, and it was traumatizing. There are lots of kitty mommas on the bridge to help them on their journey.

miss purrypot

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi again--I just had to comment on these photos, too! What beautiful, precious little kittens! They obviously have a wonderful mama and "kitty nana"--and midwife! It's amazing how fast they grow--almost makes you wish you could slow down time. God bless!

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Miss Purrypot, yes they do grow fast but during this early development I love to be around. I love watching them learn and every day is a new day where they do something new. Last night, I got my nose licked, watched one kitten kneading my blanket and purr like mad..it was too cute. When I rub their chests they all purr. They roll onto their backs and it is so cute. Such sweet little babies