Raleigh TICA cat show

starfish

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Who's going to this show next weekend besides myself and Luna?

This time will be easier since Luna will be shown in her show shelter and the rescue remedy drops just came in today. She even has a new sturdi tote to ride in (when I saw it on sale for $19.99, I didn't even hesitate to order it). Besides keeping the sturdi people in business
, Luna actually likes her stuff.

The only potential issue is keeping her separate from my sister's cat, Hurricane, since we will be staying in sister's apartment to cat sit and save some money on the hotel at the same time. But she already has the guest bedroom set aside for us to use. I just have reservations about the air mattress we are to use. It seems customary for all cats we have to destroy at least one of these.

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Good luck at the show - I'm sure Nial will be there - its in his territory
Yep, never miss that show. Big 3 day show, 20 rings.

Rome debutes at his 1st adult show and Cairo starts and ends her kitten career at this show.
She's 7.5 months old.

Probably won't put Rome in all 20 rings, he'll end up getting cranky. 20 rings is rough on the cats.

Mews2much: Yup, Ed will be there, but not judging. Have already touched base with him.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starfish

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mews2much

I think Ed the breeder my cat is coming from will be there is also.
That is his area.
would that be Ed Manning, the judge. I know he breeds Sphynx. He judged Luna once at a cat show this fall. He was very nice and friendly with the people and cats.

starfish

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kai Bengals

Yep, never miss that show. Big 3 day show, 20 rings.

Rome debutes at his 1st adult show and Cairo starts and ends her kitten career at this show.
She's 7.5 months old.

Probably won't put Rome in all 20 rings, he'll end up getting cranky. 20 rings is rough on the cats.

Mews2much: Yup, Ed will be there, but not judging. Have already touched base with him.
I'll be three for three days, too - another manager at work encouraged me to see if they would give it to me (I even mentioned to you at Cattyshack that I wouldn't get it) - and I got it. Either way, I was going to show Saturday and Sunday. I'm going to take it ring by ring for Luna to see if she'll get any breaks. She's always done well at these Raleigh shows, and since she has the show shelter, sturdi tote, and bach's remedy, hopefully she won't carry over any hard feelings from the last show.

I have been planning to bring a supreme cake for Luna since she earned all her points, but I won't have the certificate in time. Is it still appropriate to do the cake?

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Big 3 day show, 20 rings.

Will be sure to remind my cats of that the next time they complain about 3 rings

starfish

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Starfish

I have been planning to bring a supreme cake for Luna since she earned all her points, but I won't have the certificate in time. Is it still appropriate to do the cake?
Hey, I still have a small question about this? Now, she is already entered as a supreme in the catalog (didn't figure I would get so behind in mailing for the certificate). I'm thinking of bringing the ribbon that made her a supreme instead...

(I always know to trust you guys for advice
.)

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You don't need the certificate. If she's earned her supreme, celebrate with everyone and bring your cake if you want.

starfish

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
thanks. I just hope I bring the right amount of cake. Nial, you better come get a piece before it's gone (it will be served Sunday).

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cat shows are great aren't they. When I first joined here there were a lot less people involved in cat shows.

Me? I've been attending cat shows since I was born and am just about to sit my final exams to be a NZCF Longhair Judge.

Sam

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

So??? How'd everyone do???
Well my stunning boy Rome was actually a cranky little booger at the show. He was a happy camper until he went to the judging rings. Then he started grumbling and complaining.
In spite of all that he did ok, earned his championship and is only a few points and 2 finals away from Granding.
I'll show him once more to Grand him, then he's done. He'd rather be home and I can respect that.

Wish you'd been able to make it, maybe you could have sweet talked him into behaving. There's another Raleigh show in Feb. Hope you can make that one.

starfish

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
besides her one final, I only have two words to say about Luna at the cat show: BAD CAT

anyhoo, at least she earned her supreme at the last show

I'll give Chloe another try. Maybe she'll play.

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

besides her one final, I only have two words to say about Luna at the cat show: BAD CAT
LOL. She was sweet in her benching area when I visited. But I know she has another side to her. We all have the occasional awesome sweet cat that turns into a demon in the showhall.

I'm happy for you that Luna supremed! Rome and I will have to be satisfied with a Grand.

starfish

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

LOL. She was sweet in her benching area when I visited. But I know she has another side to her. We all have the occasional awesome sweet cat that turns into a demon in the showhall.

I'm happy for you that Luna supremed! Rome and I will have to be satisfied with a Grand.
well, to be fair, it seems to be easier to get a household pet to supreme. There's so much competition between bengals. But we know you have the best bengals anyway.
I actually was talking to my uncle yesterday about getting one of your cats. He interested in both bengals and savannah's. I told him about all the pros about getting the bengal. But, he's set on a female cat. I tried to convince him to get a male cat since they tend to behave better, but he likes his girl cats.

Edit: I realized I wasn't clear on the supreme. I meant last show as in the show before this one. Trust me, she was not on her 'best cat' behavior.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I actually was talking to my uncle yesterday about getting one of your cats. He interested in both bengals and savannah's. I told him about all the pros about getting the bengal. But, he's set on a female cat. I tried to convince him to get a male cat since they tend to behave better, but he likes his girl cats.
I can attest to the endearing sweetness of Nial's females, at least Penny, anyway.

As far as who behaves better? With my two, it's a tie. I think Max is much more outgoing, but they are both REALLY well behaved.

Of course...I think having the cat wheel makes all the difference.

starfish

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
well, I hope he decides to get one next year. It would be nice to have something extra to show. I have yet to experience showing a pedigree cat. In the meantime, I'll give Chloe a try.