Fused Toes?

lucara

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So, I picked up Avalon from animal control a couple of days ago and i've noticed that she shakes her back paw when she gets up (kind of like she has water or litter stuck in it). I didnt really think much of it but today she had her vet visit. While I was waiting on the vet, I happen to play around with her feet and her back right foot has 2 fused toes (both toes lack nails)! I asked the vet and she thinks it happened in an accident somehow since its scabbed over. She can walk fine but I have no idea if its causing her any pain or not. The vet didnt seem bothered at all by it and just said that she would check it again when I brought her back in on her next visit.

Any idea what could cause 2 toes to fuse together?

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hmmm I would want the vet to look into more closely especially if its scabbed over. That doesnt sound right.

the_food_lady

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lucara

So, I picked up Avalon from animal control a couple of days ago and i've noticed that she shakes her back paw when she gets up (kind of like she has water or litter stuck in it). I didnt really think much of it but today she had her vet visit. While I was waiting on the vet, I happen to play around with her feet and her back right foot has 2 fused toes (both toes lack nails)! I asked the vet and she thinks it happened in an accident somehow since its scabbed over. She can walk fine but I have no idea if its causing her any pain or not. The vet didnt seem bothered at all by it and just said that she would check it again when I brought her back in on her next visit.

Any idea what could cause 2 toes to fuse together?
Is this a new cat you adopted from Animal Control or is Avalon your own cat that ended up there? (just wondering if you know of a history with this kitty). Does this cat go outside? I take it this foot-shaking thing is a new thing?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lucara

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by the_food_lady

Is this a new cat you adopted from Animal Control or is Avalon your own cat that ended up there? (just wondering if you know of a history with this kitty). Does this cat go outside? I take it this foot-shaking thing is a new thing?
Avalon is the kitty that I just adopted. None of my cats got outside. I guess the foot shaking thing is as new as can be expected? I've only had her for a few days.