Three amazing minutes in the spirit of the season...

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The CD and DVD are coming out in May... I'm so there. I have long loved and appreciated music from all corners of the world, and this, from watching the video of Stand By Me, really stands out. I think, from what I saw in the video, that the name has (at least) two meanings, at least. You don't have big name stars singing, you have street musicians, who are typically 'playing for change' as in spare change... but it also has a much bigger meaning. They are raising money and awareness for making 'change' in the world...

When that CD comes out in May, it will certainly be one I make sure I buy full price... it's well worth it. and I'll do my part in spreading the word about it.

Amanda

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What an awesome video!!! That style of music basically sums up my tastes in music. It was perfect in so many ways! I got chills watching it.

Thanks Rush for sending you that link!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I got chills, too, What beautiful moving music.

I have forwarded it on to others, I know would appreciate it, as well.

Thank you, Carol, for posting that. I love it!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

My best friend, Rush, sent this link to me, a perfect expression of what the holidays should be about... and so beautiful to watch!

http://www.playingforchange.com/pop.html
Carol, it seems as though I need to download something to see this and since I am still restricted to bed I am using my cell phone which I cannot download programs to since it is after all just a phone. But I have learned in the last month to type on a virtual keyboard at around 15wpm. Your title though reminded me of the fact that about this time every year we hear about the three wise men. I just wanted to point out as a bible scholar that there is no mention in any bible about how many wise "men" there were. There may have been two or two hundred. It also does NOT say they were MEN!