Scary movie help

klaidman

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I need help looking for a really scary movie. I am looking for the kind of movie that will have you screaming for mommy, reaching for your teddy, afraid to turn out the light, sleep with one eye open. what would you reccomend?

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
House of 1000 Corpses

Rob Zombie is a seriously twisted man.
You've probably already seen it, since it's been out for quite a while. It's a tribute to the campy B Hammer Films of the 60s-70s. He nails it, with his Zombie twist on it that makes it much scarier than the slasher Hammer films. Haven't been able to bring myself to watch the subsequent film, The Devil's Rejects.

erzsebet

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Most people MIGHT not agree with me, but I am not a gory movie person. They just look to fake and don't scare me. The ones that REALLY get me are the twisted/ghost related. So with THAT being sad I recommend the movie "White Noise". FOR ME that was the SCARIEST movie I've ever seen. It's about EVP and EVERYTIME to this day when I hear static on the radio I panic and change the dial. I swerve if I have to I am in such a rush!! That movie has REALLY stuck with me!!! And haunted my brain since I saw it!!!!!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My suggestion is to try Asian horror films, these tend to play on the mind more and not be slasher movies. Don't bother with American remakes as they often ruin the story.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

klaidman

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well I did manage to find one movie that I am watching right now. Dead Silence. just the first 15 minutes of it had me freaking out.
post more after movie finishes

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The one with the stupid doll on the cover?
You may also want to try the Masters of Horror series, some are good, some are funny, but are all entertaining. Imprint, one of the series's films directed by Takashi Miike, couldn't be aired on Showtime - not because of gore, but just the themes. He often pushes the limits... There's also the After Dark seires, some newer released to dvd - Ghost House series, and I still haven't gotten around to seeing it (and it's not horror) but supposedly Captivity is good.

One I just thought of: Kansen (Infection). It might bug people a bit with how dark it is.

klaidman

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I got maybe 34 minutes into the movie and could not watch the rest. I am already afraid of the dark(fear since i was 3), and not to mention cannot be in the same room with any doll. this movie makes me want to bury all my collectibles.

whisky'sdad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hostel and Hostel 2

I've heard that they are 2 of the most scariest movies out there, and yes, I've heard that they were filmed in Prague and Slovakia and, no, they were not based on a true story.

klaidman

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks but I am so not into gore. It turns my stomach. I have a very weak stomach and cannot handle gore

whisky'sdad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
You might try some of the Halloween or Friday the 13th movies. Or even Sleepaway Camp. Sleepaway Camp is a cheesy scary movie.

Freddy Krueger???

danimarie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by klaidman

I got maybe 34 minutes into the movie and could not watch the rest. I am already afraid of the dark(fear since i was 3), and not to mention cannot be in the same room with any doll. this movie makes me want to bury all my collectibles.
If you're scared of the dark I would highly recommend "Darkness Falls" or "Darkness".

The second one takes a while to get into but it scared the bejezuz outta me!!!

DEFINITELY watch Darkness Falls if you haven't seen it. I caught the edited TV version a couple years ago and was absolutely terrified.

After I watched The Grudge, I had every light in the house on for two days. Then I made my husband watch it and he was just as terrified.

I've seen two movies in my life that scared me so much I cried:
1. The Blair Witch Project
and
2. Candyman

Psychological movies definitely scare the crap out of me. I find most gore stuff to be just dumb. What you DON'T see is scarier than what you do!!!

I went into the Blair Witch Project thinking it was overhyped and dumb and was shaking and unable to sleep that night.

It takes a LOT to scare me. Dead Silence definitely didn't do it for me and neither did the Rob Zombie movies so the ones I mentioned IMO are the scariest.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been watching scary movies since I was a kid so it takes something pretty wicked to disturb me..
However that said there is only one movie that I saw that I would never watch again because it scared the **** out of me and that was CUJO .
Even though it's an older movie and as far as graphic violence it's pretty tame compare to most, the story line did me in. It was pretty realistic from the standpoint of what a 250 St Bernard could do it it did get rabies.

I think the only other movie that even came close was American Psycho. However that was more because the main character looked exactly like a friend of my brother's.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by klaidman

Thanks but I am so not into gore.
Me neither! Of recent films, "1408" really got to me, even though I'd already read the Stephen King story before I saw it. Excellent. (And unlike most horror movies, it has great actors: John Cusack and Samuel L. Jackson!)

I have not seen "Hannibal" (sequel to "Silence Of The Lambs"), because I read the book and was so shocked and sickened that I just couldn't face the movie. But I'm pretty sure it would be mind-bendingly scary.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I recommend the movie "White Noise".
I agree; that one really creeped me out.

I went into the Blair Witch Project thinking it was overhyped and dumb and was shaking and unable to sleep that night.
Sorry, but I hate that movie. I was nauseous through-out because of the bouncing camera and literally sat with my eyes closed and my face covered for 99% of it. I did like the last 2 minutes, with the scene in the farmhouse basement.

For me, the scariest movie ever made is still "The Exorcist". I saw it in the theater in 1974 and I've never watched it again. Even the 'edited for tv' version scares the cr*p out of me, and I can't watch more than a few minutes of it.

baloneysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The strangers scared the crap out of me because I am afraid to be home alone lol

28 weeks later… omg…sprinting zombies!! AHHHHHHH

Untraceable… ekkk!

Cloverfield… not scary but totally awesome!

My boyfriend and I are horror movie fanatics lol weâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]ve seen it all… for some reason we cant think of much right now.

baloneysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We thought up two others lol

High Tension - French movie... pretty messed up

Funny games - We liked it but noone else did LOL.

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by silvionc

The strangers scared the crap out of me because I am afraid to be home alone lol
Me too! I was totally freaked out at that movie. I think it was because it's something that could actually happen in real life. Those are the ones that really scare me.

Originally Posted by silvionc

Untraceable… ekkk!
Another really good one! I liked that one a lot, kinda reminded me of Saw, but in a more technological way. (If that makes sense)

The Descent was pretty good too, IMO. It was pretty scary, and made me jump or scream a few times.