Awwwwww

cat_lady

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
oreo has decided she has to be with me from the minute i go to sleep and the minute i wake up
i was just waking up and it was like 2:00 in the morning and oreo was there with me on my mat
i picked her up and cuddled her abit then let her go and went back to bed
its nice knowing that no matter how bad my night is i can always wake up to my little furball purring
shes so special

sillylilykitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I agree, especially when you wake up from a nightmare. When I wake up from one Lily is there to calm me down.

zane's pal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My problem is that I'm never quite sure where Zane will be in the bed in relation to me, and sometimes I roll over onto him and he bites me.

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zane's Pal

My problem is that I'm never quite sure where Zane will be in the bed in relation to me, and sometimes I roll over onto him and he bites me.
eesh. When I had the 7 foster kittens I had to deal with this. When they got big enough to scramble around themselves and stopped doing the breast stroke, they learned to climb up the bed covers. I would wake up with ALL seven of them laying around me. in different places. I was always afraid to turn over.
loved it.

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zane's Pal

Humans do that too.

jscole

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
mine sleeps on my pillow all night long, he's only 12 weeks old so it's ok now that he doesn't take up too much space, but hopefully he'll be content to sleep beside me, and not on my pillow, when he gets bigger lol

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jscole

mine sleeps on my pillow all night long, he's only 12 weeks old so it's ok now that he doesn't take up too much space, but hopefully he'll be content to sleep beside me, and not on my pillow, when he gets bigger lol
They grow out of that???

We never let Gus sleep in our room. DH is attached to Nora, though, so that might make a difference. Nora is 7 months old and still sleeps on our pillow, around our neck, etc, so long as she sleeps next to our head. She starts with my hubby, then comes over to me and then eventually goes to the foot of the bed because she is hot or wants to stretch out, or whatever. I can't sleep when anything touches me, so if she sleeps on or near me I am awake the entire time. lol The things we do for our cats.

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nothing like it.
My first cat Sydney I got as a small kitten and let him sleep near my pillow...he didn't outgrow it.
But I didn't care because his furry bum tucked up under my neck was comforting to me....I guess I never outgrew him!

My cats now sleep in various places.
I really treasure the time I have with them when they are cuddly. I guess thats why I don't mind if they wake me up to cuddle in the middle of the night.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lucky sleeps with me every night on the other pillow - she has that side of her bed for herself; it looks like we might face a problem with my next boyfriend

grogs

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It is nice waking up in the middle of the night and finding my furry friends there.
I sleep on my back and Promise, my youngest, likes to curl up right between my thighs and lie there all night. Tre sleeps beside me every night, and my other two, Thufir and Tiny, make appearances here and there. During the Winter months, when I wake up in the middle of the night Promise and Tre are usually right where they were when I went to sleep. The only bad thing is that when I get up to go to the bathroom they like to 'cheat' and I find I have a lot less space than when I left. They act very nonchalant about the whole thing as if they have no idea why I'm crammed onto the very edge of the bed with only a tiny sliver of the blanket to cover me.

Sadly, when the warm weather returns, most of my cats think it's too warm to sleep in the bed with me. Only Tre sleeps with me year-round. The cats on the bed are one of the (few) things that I look forward to as the weather grows colder every year.

lawguy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by carolinalima

Lucky sleeps with me every night on the other pillow - she has that side of her bed for herself; it looks like we might face a problem with my next boyfriend
Maybe not so much. I can't speak for cats, since I'm new to them, but I grew up with my dog having his own side of the bed. It was like that for about 9 years. When I went away to college though, he didn't want to sleep alone, so he went over and slept with my mother and took up my father's side of the bed for the hours until he'd go to bed.

When my father goes to bed, the dog gets up and goes directly inbetween the two of them under the covers and LOVES snuggling up against both of them at the same time.

Again - this is a dog I'm speaking of, not a cat, so there's no guarantee that your situation will be similar.

PS: He likes sleeping inbetween my mother and father so much these days that when I came back from college to live at home again until law school (saving a little money since law school costs uber-bucks), the dog had no desire to sleep with me when my mother and father are home. He's ALL ABOUT sleeping inbetween them now. The only time he comes to sleep in my bed is when the two of them are on vacation.

scarlett&dan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i found out how satisfying it is to have a kitten purring on your pillow to get yourself to sleep last night.
however, it was her first night here and she got up and wandered off every hour to hide under a cupboard or stand in her litter tray and meow very loud untill she got attention

got her back and my gf went out and she sat with me for a bit and now has hidden under an old low table because the builders next door started hammering!

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love sleeping with my Flutterby. She sleeps half on my head with her tail around my neck. Great for the allergies but she purrs all night and I love it

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There is nothing in the world I know of that is more comforting than a cat purring next to you in a warm bed on a cold night.

In warm weather, of course, they're like little furnaces!