Cats 101 - Animal Planet

coaster

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry if this has been posted. The forum search function is crashing with a script error, and my browser refuses to search the text on the page, so only a cursory scan over a couple pages didn't find anything on this topic. The topic is "Cats 101", the new cat show on Animal Planet. There is nothing on their website other than its place on their schedule (which is 8:00 pm and 11:00 pm ET on Saturday)

Anybody know anything about "Cats 101?" What's it about?

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, they currently have a program called Dogs 101. I imagine it's like that. The dog version basically examines different breeds and their qualities as a pet like health, grooming, and family.

ETA: I found it on their web site. Cats 101

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
oh oh oh!!! thanks for posting this!! I was watching Dogs 101 and had no idea they were making one on cats!!

Dogs 101 is basically like Meaghan said, they profile 4 or 5 breeds per show and tell their background and what they're like.

Thru Dogs 101 I learned that the breeds that would be perfect for me are the French Bulldog or the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, both of which are mucho money
I can't wait to see what breed of cat is perfect for me (Siamese)

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looks like it premieres this Saturday. Won't DH be happy to hear that! He already thinks I'm cat crazy enough being here.
I just played the fact v. fiction quiz and only missed one. The one I missed was about self-healing abilities and once I saw the answer I knew it.

You are a feline fanatic! You aren't susceptible to such silly feline folklore. You love cats and know they make a purr-fect pet!

forensic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tomorrow at 7! Breeds: American Shorthair, Savannah, Scottish Fold, Persian, Ragdoll, and Sphynx.

That's a lot of breeds for one show!

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nice thanx for posting this! I will be recording all these! It's about time breeds of cats get some recognition.

ninacaliente

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks for posting this! I am so excited to watch. I was just saying to DH a few weeks ago that I wish they'd make a cat show like "Dogs 101". And both Ragdolls and Sphynx in the same episode!

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so excited too!!! Finally a cat show on Animal Planet!
In Dallas, it will air 7-8pm tomorrow, and will cover the following breeds: American Shorthair, Savannah, Scottish Fold, Persian, Ragdoll
, and Sphynx!

sillylilykitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have been looking forward to seeing Cats 101 since last Sunday when I found out about it. Since I already am a Dogs 101 fan, Im sure I will love this show too. Im just a little worried about how long they will be able to run this show, especially if they are doing 6 cats per show. There arent nearly as many cat breeds as there are dog breeds. And I cant wait to see what they say about the Siamese and Cornish Rex

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It'll be at 8pm eastern and pacific... I checked the listings... I have Dogs 101 'tivoed' so I get to learn about breeds... and every time I watch, I wonder why there isn't one for cats... well, it's about time!

I want a dog someday... can't yet... limit is two pets in my apartment complex... but I'm thinking a retired racing greyhound is my ideal... and more cats, of course!! I'm waiting for greyhounds to come up on Dogs 101... assuming they haven't already...

Amanda

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

Looks like it premieres this Saturday. Won't DH be happy to hear that! He already thinks I'm cat crazy enough being here.
Oh yeah, mine will think I'm nuttier than squirrel poop if I tell him about that show. I just got Petz Catz 2 for our PS2 the other day
He's like "oh what did I get myself into!?"

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just got done watching it and it was pretty interesting. I have it ready to tape next week. It seems like something this crazy cat lady would like to watch!
So I watched it then I taped it and set it up for the next ones.

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks to this, I am now adding Ragdolls, Savannahs, and Scottish Folds to my wishlist of breeds/colors I want... great... I better move into a place that allows me to have more than two pets... because I want more!!

I'm amused by the 'great with family' rating... because seriously, aren't ALL cats good with people? I get why they do that with dogs, but it'll be interesting to see if they rate any breeds as not so good with families...

I'm in twubble now... I want more kitties! Those Scottish Folds were too adorable for words...

Amanda

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by RubSluts'Mommy

Thanks to this, I am now adding Ragdolls, Savannahs, and Scottish Folds to my wishlist of breeds/colors I want... great... I better move into a place that allows me to have more than two pets... because I want more!!
Originally Posted by RubSluts'Mommy

I'm in twubble now... I want more kitties! Those Scottish Folds were too adorable for words...
I know, right??? I also want to remodel my apartment to have a kitty playground just like that couple's home in San Diego!
I am in LOVE with the Scottish Fold and the Shorthair - however I like the British Shorthair better because of the cute round face...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

coaster

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Scottish Fold breeders will be doubling or tripling the price for their kittens tomorrow morning.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Watched it tonight when I happened to be flipping through the Guide at just the right time.
After it was done, I set the DVR to record all of the episodes, so I don't miss one if we happen to be out on Saturday night.

I was really impressed with the show, except that when they talked about the Persians they didn't talk about the Doll-Faced Persians. I am glad they mentioned PKD, but I didn't know that 40% of the breed is afflicted.
And although it was in the little point by point thing, they didn't mention the respiratory and tear duct issues that is caused by the extreme face. But I suppose if they are going to have members of the CFA or TICA on the show, they don't want to showcase the Doll-Faced Persians since they don't meet breed standards.

But OMG weren't those Raggie babies the cutest things ever??? Of course, the Ragdoll is my dream-cat...so far...

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I watched it for a little while tonight. I thought that it was pretty good- it's just the feline version of Dogs 101 for those of you who enjoy that show!

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I watched it! I absolutely loved that "cat house" that the couple in San Diego have!!! And I love that they're designing for shelters.....what a cool idea. It was so much fun watching their cats exploring and coming in and out of the different spaces.

Those ragdolls were adorable!!

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We watched both Dog 101 and Cat 101 last night. Funny thing was hubby was more into Cat 101 then Dog 101. And he was shocked at how big Savannah's could be.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

coaster

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There was a passing mention about Persians' respiratory issues during the recap at the end of the segment, but it was so brief anyone may well have missed it.

Those people with the cat house have a web site.....you should be able to google it.