TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Poor Cassidy!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Poor Cassidy!

post #1 of 18
Thread Starter 
I heard some commotion going on in my bedroom earlier today, and when I went in to check to see what was going on, I found poor Cassidy stuck under the closet door! My idiot s/o locked her in the closet again, and she was trying to wiggle her way back out. I realize he didn't lock her in there on purpose, but you'd think after all this time of having cats, plus me harping on him all the time about NOT shutting the closet doors just for that reason, he'd have learned by now. I was freaking out b/c I didn't know just how the heck I was gonna get her unstuck! I tugged on her a little to see if I could free her w/o hurting her, but she wouldn't budge. I was about to go and get a hammer to try and unloosen the hinges, when somehow, she managed to wiggle her way out. Thankfully, she wasn't hurt in any way.

My poor baby!
post #2 of 18
Aren't cats are just the funniest little things? Snow has gotten stuck inside a lampshade before. Glad to hear your little precious is okay
post #3 of 18
I guess Cassidy will avoid closets from now on.
post #4 of 18
Aww poor Cassidy! Glad she wasn't hurt in that whole encounter.
post #5 of 18
I'm glad she got herself out ok. Poor puss.
post #6 of 18
Sounds like you need to lock your s/o in a closet for a while.

I have managed to accidentally lock a cat in a closet, not once but TWICE (different cats) and then gone on vacation for a week.

Fortunately, other than being VERY hungry and a little dehydrated, they survived the ordeal.
post #7 of 18
Tinker was terrible for me. If I opened anything on the lower cabinets she would RUN in, go to the back, turn around and sit down. it was worst with the cabinet i stored my bowls in.

I think over the 10 months I closed her in at least 4 times in the cabinets, one time in the dresser, and twice in the FRIDGE. She just squirted in there each time. I never saw her.
post #8 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by yayi View Post
I guess Cassidy will avoid closets from now on.
I doubt it. Guess where I found her this morning. But at least this time she wasn't shut in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Möbius View Post
Sounds like you need to lock your s/o in a closet for a while.
I've thought about it on more than one occasion.

Quote:
I have managed to accidentally lock a cat in a closet, not once but TWICE (different cats) and then gone on vacation for a week.

Fortunately, other than being VERY hungry and a little dehydrated, they survived the ordeal.
Oh my - those poor babies! I'm sure glad they survived the ordeal!

Y'know, I can certainly understand how it happens. They're so sneaky! Heaven knows that I've done it myself. But after you've had cats for quite some time, it's ingrained into your mind to always double-check closets, cupboards, etc., - just like you take precautions when you have kids. You just do it.
post #9 of 18
Since getting Snow I have learned to check the shower stall before stepping in, the linen closet, bedroom closet, and my glass cupboard
post #10 of 18
Nora is funny about closets. She loves to run into them as soon as we get done. She just plain loves to run into rooms as soon as we leave them, no matter how small. She has ran into our room, our closet, our panty, the laundry room, etc, countless times. She has also been locked into said rooms countless times. Luckily we haven't left town or been away from our house for more than a couple hours since we have adopted her. lol Since having Gus though, we have been sure to check all rooms and closets before leaving if we are to leave town. lol
post #11 of 18
I have closed Shark in my clothes wardrobe on several occasions, completely unaware she was inside...my teddies are tucked at the bottom of it you see, so sometimes she cuddles up in them so she also looks like a teddy! Doesn't help with her being all black, and trying to find her in the darkness is such a pain....I know when I have found her though, her teeth find my skin where she nips me
post #12 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kara_leigh View Post
Since having Gus though, we have been sure to check all rooms and closets before leaving if we are to leave town. lol

Every time we leave the house - especially if we're gonna be gone all day long - I also double-check the rooms, closets, etc., b/c nine times out of ten, my s/o will shut at least one of them up somewhere.
post #13 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeDeeMay View Post
Doesn't help with her being all black, and trying to find her in the darkness is such a pain....
Try having tens cats to search for - with six of them being all black!
post #14 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittKatt View Post
Every time we leave the house - especially if we're gonna be gone all day long - I also double-check the rooms, closets, etc., b/c nine times out of ten, my s/o will shut at least one of them up somewhere.
If we accidentally lock Nora up in our bedroom while we are gone (the only room we every really leave closed, because hubby likes to keep the room cold), when we get back and open the door she looks up, yawns, and looks at us like "you were gone??" lmao They usually just get a good nap, and I doubt they even miss us.
post #15 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by yayi View Post
I guess Cassidy will avoid closets from now on.
You would think so wouldn't you? lol.
My Salem got locked in a closet for 7 hours while I was at work. I got home and called all my kitties and he didnt come. I heard meeps so I followed them, and seen wierd stuff coming out of the crackk of the door, opened it and there he was. I had boxes staced in the closet, and he climbed it, shredding one to pieces so their was shredded cardboard all over.
An hour later I opened the door, he runs in again
post #16 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melmo View Post
My Salem got locked in a closet for 7 hours while I was at work. I got home and called all my kitties and he didnt come. I heard meeps so I followed them, and seen wierd stuff coming out of the crackk of the door, opened it and there he was. I had boxes staced in the closet, and he climbed it, shredding one to pieces so their was shredded cardboard all over.
A few years ago a friend of mine & I were renting a place that belonged to her sister. She accidently locked Gabriel in her room: I discoverd this when I got home and couldn't find him. Maverick was sitting by her bedroom door and whining his head off, so I figured that Gabriel was shut in there. Sure enough, he was. While he was in there, he managed to pull the curtains down, knocked over some knick-knacks, pulled half the bedding off the bed, and rearranged some clothing that was sitting on some shelves. He also scratched up the doorframe by trying to get out, and peed on her bed. I guess he wasn't very happy about being locked up all day.

It's totally amazing just how much damage one cat can do.
post #17 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melmo View Post
You would think so wouldn't you? lol.
My Salem got locked in a closet for 7 hours while I was at work. I got home and called all my kitties and he didnt come. I heard meeps so I followed them, and seen wierd stuff coming out of the crackk of the door, opened it and there he was. I had boxes staced in the closet, and he climbed it, shredding one to pieces so their was shredded cardboard all over.
An hour later I opened the door, he runs in again
Of course he did. He found some great new toys.
post #18 of 18
Awww, poor thing! Glad to know she is okay though!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Poor Cassidy!