What happened to "Think like a Cat"?

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Each week an owner of a cat brings it in. Contestants try to prove that they know their cat better than other contestants know their cats. Several tests are run to prove who actually knows their cat the best. Each week $25,000 is awarded to first place, $15,000 to second, and $10,000 to third. Then the winner goes on to compete for a million dollars. That is the basic premise.

I love game shows on TV and I love cats. God, this is the greatest game show of all time, bar none! I watched it two weeks ago and then caught the rerun on the weekend. It was heaven.

But it did not air last week. And I have checked the schedule for this week and there is not mention of this show. It played on The Game Show Network (GSN). Did anybody else get to see this show? And more importantly, does anybody know what has happened to it? This was a cat lover's dream show. Did the Nielsen rating choke it after one week? What happened? I am in depression over this.

blast-off-girl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It is only supposed to be a one-time airing. I auditioned for the show but obviously didn't get picked. However, there is a snippet of me on the "Audtion Outakes" section (San Francisco) of their website. I never had the chance to watch it because we don't get GSN on our cable package. However, the New York Times gave it a terrible review and said it was just a 30 minute advertisement for Meow Mix cat food.

A girl's sister on one of my doll collecting forms got picked from the Portland audtions. She won $10,000!

februa

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
As if I missed this! Would have made paying for the GSN worth it (ahem...not that family fued isnt worth it
)
Let us know if you find it airing again!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It was on TVLand a few weeks back and it aired twice. My friend seriously thought that her cat would make it to the finals, but she wasn't picked. But she watched the show and filled me in on what happened.

There were 6 contestants who made it to the finals. All but 2 were eliminated in the first few minutes. The final 2 had a knowledge run off. The finalist had the chance for the million dollars.

And what did he have to do to win a million bucks? They put him and his cat in a circle of cat food bags (I believe there were either 6 or 8 of them). There were 2 bags that had matching ingredient posters inside the bags. He had to put his cat down and the cat had to pick one of those 2 bags. He then had to pick the other matching bag.

Of course he lost, but still walked away with the $25,000.

I caught the last 5 minutes of the show, and it was very disappointing.

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Blast-Off-Girl

It is only supposed to be a one-time airing. I auditioned for the show but obviously didn't get picked. However, there is a snippet of me on the "Audtion Outakes" section (San Francisco) of their website.
Hey thanks for mentioning that! I auditioned too but I didn't know they had that "Audition Outtakes" thing on their website... I just checked and Church and I are there too! We're in the Chicago one.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

It was on TVLand a few weeks back and it aired twice. My friend seriously thought that her cat would make it to the finals, but she wasn't picked. But she watched the show and filled me in on what happened.

There were 6 contestants who made it to the finals. All but 2 were eliminated in the first few minutes. The final 2 had a knowledge run off. The finalist had the chance for the million dollars.

And what did he have to do to win a million bucks? They put him and his cat in a circle of cat food bags (I believe there were either 6 or 8 of them). There were 2 bags that had matching ingredient posters inside the bags. He had to put his cat down and the cat had to pick one of those 2 bags. He then had to pick the other matching bag.

Of course he lost, but still walked away with the $25,000.

I caught the last 5 minutes of the show, and it was very disappointing.
Well, disappointed as you may have been Amy, after searching and sifting through hundreds of channels, and constantly noting one dog show after another, no matter how bad Think like a Cat may have been, seeing a TV show featuring cats rocked for me.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

Well, disappointed as you may have been Amy, after searching and sifting through hundreds of channels, and constantly noting one dog show after another, no matter how bad Think like a Cat may have been, seeing a TV show featuring cats rocked for me.

Actually, the more I think about it, I think it was on the Game Channel rather than TVland. I rarely watch either channel so didn't think to look for it there.

blast-off-girl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Nekochan

Hey thanks for mentioning that! I auditioned too but I didn't know they had that "Audition Outtakes" thing on their website... I just checked and Church and I are there too! We're in the Chicago one.
Which one are you in the Chicago audition? I'm the one in the San Francisco audition that says "Oh Boy!" (what was I thinking?!?) when they asked, "What would you do with a million dollars?" My cat is a dark tabby and he's just acting like his usual mellow self in the clip.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

Dogs definitely get the lion's share of human attention, that's for sure...I even stopped watching Animal Cops because it is so dog oriented. I'm sorry that I missed Think Like A Cat. I hope it plays again soon.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Which one are you in the Chicago audition? I'm the one in the San Francisco audition that says "Oh Boy!" (what was I thinking?!?) when they asked, "What would you do with a million dollars?" My cat is a dark tabby and he's just acting like his usual mellow self in the clip.
I saw you in the snippets at meowmix.com
How exciting!! This is a close as I've ever been to a TCS meet-up

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I was also in the part where they asked, "What would you do with a million dollars?" in the Chicago clip... I am the one who said I would like to open an animal sanctuary. I have Church on my lap, he's in my sig line (brown tabby with white paws/chest.) I'd still like to open an animal sanctuary someday...although the strays around here seem to think I already am one!