Bobber's recovery

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well she is not a happy cat tonite. I did dilute some wet food with water and she ate that well. But she is in pain and I am not supposed to give her Ketoprofen until tomorrow morning. She get up cries and moves to a diiferent position. Here belly area is vet wrapped as her incision was draining a bit.
I'm sure this is where her pain is coming from.

Might be sleeping on the sofa tonite.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope she feels better.
My Stripe had 2 breasts removed and I got scared cause there was oozing with blood but she was fine.
Your cat will feel better soon.
Stripe acted normal the next day.
She did have cancer cell in her breast and it came back a month later then never again.
I hope your cat will be fine also.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks!! There is some oozing, I can take wrap off tomorrow but I do have more and gauze if I think it needs continued coverage. She goes back in two weeks for stitch removal.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sure she is sore.
Stripe I had in the bathroom but she jumped on the counter anyway.
She was 4 when that happened and I lost her at 11 from crf.
I sure hope its not cancer.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awww, poor baby! It's so difficult to see our kitties uncomfortable, even when we know it'll be better in a few days. I wonder if a warm heating pad or rice sock would help her feel better? Just a thought, but I'd be cautious about getting it too near the incision.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She has been sleeping/resting under the ottoman for a good hour now so hopefully the worst has past for tonite.

blaise

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I would encourage you to speak to the Vet tomorrow about the pain she was obviously feeling tonight. When a cat cries out in pain - it's severe. Just thinking about what you've described makes me very distressed. (I am not criticising, only describing how it's affecting me.)

I think that if it were me, I'd ask for a more effective pain reliever and ask what the safety parameters are....could I give more of it or give it more often etc.

I think I might call the emerg vet tonight for an opinion on dosage/safety etc. Some vets also have their own after-hours service...yours?

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes ours has after hours vet on call.
She slept though the night and I got up about 4:30 to check on her and she was in the kitty sofa. I mixed up some wet food with water and she ate that bowl full. I picked her up and put her on the sofa with me without protest and we napped until 6:20 when we gave her the ketoprofen and the 1st clamamox dose. Then we napped again until about 8 am.
I fed her again but with more water as she was thirsty. I cut off the vet wrap and there was no additional oozing. I picked her off sofa (a little meow) and she walked ok to another spot to groom then went to the basement to lay down (hope she used litter box)
She has come upstairs but I don't know where currently-I leave her to herself for a bit as I'm sure she will be back in family room.

Grizzlie our mothering cat hasn't been to close to her-I think she smells that Bobs is different hopefully that will go away soon as Bobs does relax with her.

blaise

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

...Grizzlie our mothering cat hasn't been to close to her-I think she smells that Bobs is different hopefully that will go away soon as Bobs does relax with her.
The old vanilla extract "trick" (just one drop on your finger rubbed into the nape of both cats' necks - thereby masking the "vet clinic smell" and making both cats "smell" the same) might prevent any potential "friction" and encourage that "relaxing" you speak of, and so, promote/support her recovery...

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the tip!! Grizzlie is backing laying in the cat sofa bed but Bobs is somewhere else currently. When she re-appears I will do the vanilla trick.