Getting ready to say goodbye

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm posting this here because it's not quite time yet but my little guy Popsie isn't doing good anymore. I'm sure it's just do to old age, he eats and eats and eats yet seems to be starving to death, he's got diarrhea all the time and his mind doesn't seem there that much. So i set a date to take him and help him cross over ( that probably sounds horrible) His quality of life is no longer good and it would be cruel of me to keep him.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My thoughts are with you and your beloved Popsie.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
We all know how much you love Popsie and know that you are making the decision that is best for him.
for the both of you.

the_food_lady

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by luvmycat1

I'm posting this here because it's not quite time yet but my little guy Popsie isn't doing good anymore. I'm sure it's just do to old age, he eats and eats and eats yet seems to be starving to death, he's got diarrhea all the time and his mind doesn't seem there that much. So i set a date to take him and help him cross over ( that probably sounds horrible) His quality of life is no longer good and it would be cruel of me to keep him.
Was he ever tested for hyperthyroidism because those sure sound like the symptoms and it's so darn common in senior cats; can be controlled with Tapazole (pill).

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by the_food_lady

Was he ever tested for hyperthyroidism because those sure sound like the symptoms and it's so darn common in senior cats; can be controlled with Tapazole (pill).
Agree with that. Please don't put Popsie down unless you're very sure he's in pain and its something that is absolutely incurable. Even if his mind is not quite there, I don't think any animal would wish to die. Please consider giving him a fighting chance!

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a difficult position to be in. I hope that you are able to explore every avenue, such as tested for hyperthyroidism, but only you know what the possibilities and realities are for your and your beloved Popsie. The bottom line is to able to love enough to do what's best for Popsie, no matter the cost to you - you are definitely showing the courage to do that

Please remember that your TCS family is nearby, to support you and love you through this difficult time

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm pretty sure Popsie has been tested extensively in the past year.

Amy, I'm so sorry to hear this. I replied to your PM before I saw this and it breaks my heart and I'm sure yours is breaking too. Just remember, your doing the right thing for Popsie even though it may be hard for you. We'll all certainly miss him!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you all for your kind words. It means so much to me.

mer636

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
for popsie and
for you i'm sorry to hear he's doing poorly

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
oh no, Amy
I'm so sorry to hear that Popsie is not fairing that well
I know this is an absolutely heart-breaking decision for you and that you have given this a lot of thought. Many vibes that Popsie trip over the bridge is peaceful

zorana_dragonky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Many and
for you and Popsie. I can't imagine how difficult this would be, and I hope that Popsie's journey over the bridge is peaceful. I bet it is a really hard decision. Popsie is a great cat, and you are the only one who knows what is really best for him. Many more
during this difficult time.

namo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm very sorry to hear that your Popsie isn't doing well. I hope that you both will feel peace that you made the right decision for your precious kitty.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry to hear that your precious Popsie isn't doing well. I know how much you love him and how difficult this is for you & him, but you know in your heart that you're doing this out of love for him.

Popsie

kaete

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am so, so sorry to hear this. I will be keeping you and Popsie in my thoughts. I know how much you love him; try to remember that you are doing what is best for him, though it is certainly awful for you.