Question Of The Day - Wednesday, December 3rd!

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi All

Sorry I'm so late today. I had to work today (yeah, it's supposed to be my day off!) I tried to post at 4 am, but my internet was down. I just got home and spent the last 1/2 hour on the phone with Charter. Grrrrrrr! Aggravating, but at least the cable is back on-line.

Here's today's Question Of The Day...

How many people/pets do you buy or make Christmas presents for? How far along in the process are you?

I buy for 8 people and 4 cats. Mom, Dad, sister, sister's cat, 2 aunts, my cats, TCS Secret Santa, Work Secret Santa, the doctor I work with all the time. I have most of it done. I still need one big gift (I don't have a clue what to get Dr. Z this year) and a couple of stocking stuffers. This weekend will be the present wrapping extravaganza. It's usually chaos, with the girls, ribbon, paper and tape! Oh yes, the boxes....they always have to investigate the boxes, and make sure they pass the cat scan for comfort and durability.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I buy for the cats and some of my friends.
I also do christmas exchanges in other groups besides this one.
I buy for my brothers and sisters and nephews.
I also buy for the bf and husbands.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
As our close family dwindles, so does our gift-giving. I buy for DH, his son and SO, a couple of Secret Santa exchanges, one or two close friends, and any critters associated with those humans, which probably amounts to a dozen or so cats and four or five dogs, as well as our own cats of course.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I buy gifts for the kitties of course, a couple close friends, 3 neices and 2 nephews.

Several years ago my brother, 2 sisters, and I agreed that instead of exchanging gifts we would each chip in $100 then we donate the money to a program that is called Share the Wealth.

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well...

My fiance.
My parents.
My brother.
I go in on presents for my grandmother & grandparents.
My 2 cousins.
Christmas Eve Secret Santa thing.
His parents.
Both his sisters and their husbands
His 2 nieces and nephew.
His 2 cousins
2 of his aunts.
TCS Secret Santa

So.... in total that's .... 24 people I shop for. And usually I buy some treats for our kitties.

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This year we buying only for our family. Dh 17yr- Daughter 11yr- Son 5yr -Daughter. two dogs and three cats. I will also buy a small gift for our neighbours. They are always there for us.

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
well i shop for

mam
dad
2 bro's
my partner
his 2 parents
nan and grandad
my auntie and uncle
my 2 kittens and my mams kitten
my closest friend and her little one and partner

so not to many

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I still buy/make (make this year) presents for my aging parents (even though mom is impossible to figure out, and dad says don't do anything), both my brother and sister, and whatever friends I find inspiring stuff for! (an example: a friend of my LOVES sheep... so I found some fabric panels at work of a sheep playing in all four seasons... I'm going to lightly quilt each one, starting with Winter... I may get all four done for Christmas, but we'll see... but I gotta come up with something for his wife... who's a closer friend...)

And then I buy for the cats... two of them. Although they REALLY don't need more toys... they have more than enough... Maybe a couple kitty beds or something... but I'd make those. No SS's this year...

Amanda

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here is my list:

Mum and Dad,
5 sisters,
My brother,
My nan,
6 nieces and nephews,
My two best friends, plus their children x 2.

Phew! I'm done

twokatz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
32 people and that is just the immediate family!!
Not buying for the cats, the pup destroys thier toys anyway!
Not buying for the dogs, they have enough and the house is a disater area!

I haven't even started

cattybird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Let's see, I've bought my SS presents, my Mom's, sister's and brother and sister-in-laww' so I still need to get a present for my club, my two cats, my sister's three cats, and my brother and sister-in- law's dog.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This year I've already bought (and given) Rob's gift. We also have some family Xmas thing where we spend $25 each on a person under 18 (a couple gets two kids) and $50 for a couple...something Rob's family does.

We also have to buy for:
My mom, my dad, my brother
Rob's mom, his dad, his brother

I'm also packaging my TCS SS gift tonight (finally got something to keep everything from shifting in the box!)

That's all I believe. Easy Xmas this year because of the house stuff we have to buy and preparing for a mortgage payment in Jan/Feb.